144hz Monitor Locked at 60hz

Couchy47
Go to solution Solved by Tan3l6,

Have you tried using DDU to remove graphics drivers and then reinstalling drivers?

Hi there,

I recently bought a Gigabyte 3440x1440 144hz uw monitor (G34WQC). However, I cannot figure out why it's locked at 60hz refresh rate. Here are some steps I have checked/completed so far:

- Using display port cable included with the monitor
- Monitor supports display port 1.4

- Monitor settings set as display port 1.4

- Graphics card supports display port 1.4

- In Windows 10 Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Display adapter properties for Display 1 -> Monitor tab, the drop down for display refresh rate only contains 60hz

- After reading through this manual: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/GBT-G34WQC-UM-EN-20200616.pdf and included documents, there doesn't seem to be a monitor setting to adjust frame rate.

- I have completely unplugged the monitor for a minute and rechecked settings, but still only able to select 60hz.

- In AMD Radeon Software, I am using the Standard graphics profile. Freesync premium does not seem to have any effect whether enabled/disabled. I have included a screenshot of the Display Specs in the Display tab.

Not really sure what else to troubleshoot. Haven't been able to locate an answer in other forum posts.
Any help would be appreciated :)
Thx, Couchy47

PC Specs

- Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

- Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT 3X OC rev2

- MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

- Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4-3200 RAM

- Gigabyte 3440x1440 144hz UW (G34WQC) Monitor

Screenshot 2021-01-16 231908.png

Have you tried using DDU to remove graphics drivers and then reinstalling drivers?

I edit my posts more often than not

17 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Legend, that worked. Thx for the help!