• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so which one

• PS5
    • Xbox Series X/S
  3. 3. Have you been able to order it?

• Yes
    • No

I recently ordered the new Xbox series x, so i was wondering how much of the community wanted a next-gen console, which one and if they have been able to order it?

Enjoy the poll

I want both but your poll doesn't give the option for that, so I didn't answer.  
I'm waiting for the eventual Halo edition Series X and the slim version of the PS5.  I don't need an RV parked in my living room just to play God of War.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I bought my Xbox series S from scalper.It was some kid that bought 3x  xbox series S.He was hoping to get 750 euros for each one,but he was impatient,and lowered his prices every day for a week cause he had no offers.So i offered 270 for each xbox since i needed one for myself and one for a friend.I got the warranty and everything so i am happy.

But a note to that,i will never buy digital version again,since games are expensive when not on sale,and i couldve went with series X,and buy bunch of used games.

I really wanted a ps5 but then couldn't get one. So I bought a couple Nintendo Switches and some arcade machines for the living room. 

Now I'm thinking I'll just wait a couple years for the Ps5 Pro that'll come out. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:20 AM, kaiju_wars said:

I want both but your poll doesn't give the option for that, so I didn't answer.  
I'm waiting for the eventual Halo edition Series X and the slim version of the PS5.  I don't need an RV parked in my living room just to play God of War.

LOL. Still tempted to buy that big ugly motherfucker just to play Ghost of Tsushima at 60 fps though.

Got a ps5 at launch, worked hard and watched news and threads like a hawk. Signed up for news from retailers etc. 2 days before pre-order I got an email from EB games telling me how to pre-order. So I new it was coming, with COVID and news about Sony not making enough as they wanted I knew it would be in short supply. After that email, 2 days later looked at an aussie forum at 8am and bam! Someone posted "pre-orders live". 10 minutes later I paid the deposit. 

Only played COD on it though from this gen, Spider-man is too short for the cost but PSVR graphics have improved so much as well as tracking. The adaptive triggers where off after a few days and you don't notice them anymore but I also don't play games except cod that use them a lot. 

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

On 1/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, Communist_Empire said:

You could just use G2A or CDKeys! I'm only going with the PS5 Digital Edition because I've been buying games digitaly for the last 6 years, plus you need room for the physical media that builds up over time! Less impact on landfills at the end of the day. More ECO friendly. 

honestly i am afraid to buy there since people are saying that it got their acc banned etc.

i want a ps5 but i will wait till i can get a used one for half the price like i did with the xbox one x... $500(or more from scalpers) for a few sony exclusives simply is not worth it tbh

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

I have a PS5 disc version ordered but no idea when I'm going to get it, the seller has no exact date when they're getting more stock. Doesn't matter to me though as I'm in no hurry to get it, as long as I'll get it by the time Horizon Forbidden West releases I'm good.

Nope. I intend on never buying a console again since I bought the joke of a Wii U.

I think everything I get out of a games console I get from having last gen (Xbox One) and my gaming PC. 

I do very little gaming on my xbox anymore because I've made a conscious effort to make use of the hundreds/thousands of pounds I've spent on my PC and not buy Xbox games for probably about a year. 

On 1/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, Rugg said:

Nope. I intend on never buying a console again since I bought the joke of a Wii U.

ehh the wii u is kinda underrated, had some pretty good games.. The worst part about it was that gamepad.. break it and your looking at $130 to replace it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

22 hours ago, StealUrKill_PhD said:

I was able to get both from Gamestop. Then another from PS direct (sold to friend at cost).

IMG_20210131_174036_421.jpg

I am in school so I don't have that luxury

If you can't find one but find a gpu in stock, come to the dark side think of all the power you will yeild. Plus with windows you can do all the Xbox stuff anyway.

Originally I was going to get a Series X but life happened and now I have a gaming rig instead. I might pick up a Series X and/or PS5 used a couple years down the line if I could find a good deal, but I'm in no rush to get one, especially because I can play most games out right now on my PC or my One S.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT GPU: RTX 2060 Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon MAX Wifi RAM: 32GB 3200mhz Case: Corsair 100R Silent Storage: Crucial P1 2TB PSU: RM650  All for a 60hz monitor

Got my son a PS5 for xmas, it got some initial use and now barely gets used at all. I have had 1 go on it, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

2 hours ago, Shabba said:

Got my son a PS5 for xmas, it got some initial use and now barely gets used at all. I have had 1 go on it, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

It's always going to be like that early on with a new console launch unless you like to play cookie cutter Ubisoft games. I'm sure I'll be playing mostly PS4 games on mine until the end of the year when hopefully Ratchet & Clank Rift, Horizon Forbidden West, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and maybe a good version of Cyberpunk 2077 are out.

Just managed to order a bundle from Gamestop earlier this week. Yes, I overpaid a little bit and got a game I don't want. After selling the unwated game, it should only cost me $30-50 extra for getting the console easily. I'm just relieved to finally have one confirmed and on the way. It will mostly be a beefed up PS4 for a while, but I'm super excirted to play Demon Soul's and finish Spiderman. 

3 hours ago, Colty said:

Just managed to order a bundle from Gamestop earlier this week. Yes, I overpaid a little bit and got a game I don't want. After selling the unwated game, it should only cost me $30-50 extra for getting the console easily. I'm just relieved to finally have one confirmed and on the way. It will mostly be a beefed up PS4 for a while, but I'm super excirted to play Demon Soul's and finish Spiderman. 

Was NBA 2k21 the crap game you didn't want? Yeah it's nice to no longer have to follow trackers with alarms set. Well, assuming FedEx doesn't jack my PS5 when it's delivered lol.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Was NBA 2k21 the crap game you didn't want? Yeah it's nice to no longer have to follow trackers with alarms set. Well, assuming FedEx doesn't jack my PS5 when it's delivered lol.

Yep, NBA 2k21 is the one I don't care about. I wish there was a Spiderman and Demon Soul's bundle, two games I actually want, but this will do. And yes, no more trackers, no more page refreshes, no more getting my hopes up for walmart every ten minutes for half an hour.

53 minutes ago, Colty said:

Yep, NBA 2k21 is the one I don't care about. I wish there was a Spiderman and Demon Soul's bundle, two games I actually want, but this will do. And yes, no more trackers, no more page refreshes, no more getting my hopes up for walmart every ten minutes for half an hour.

Still way better than when Switch was hard to get in 2017 and they were doing bundles with crap figurines.