Overclocking the TUF 3080 OC

killabunny

Hello everyone,

I've finally managed to snag a 3080, the TUF 3080 OC, and now I am trying to get the most of it. Those of you with this card or any other 3080, would you tell me what's the best way to go about it? Do you undervolt? do you pump the limits to max? What's the best way to get the most performance of a mid-range 3080?

When I had the TUF OC I had an overlock of ÷205 core and +1300 memory. I saw maybe a 7% increase in performance in both 3dmark and other games. surprisingly it never went above 62-63c. the cooler on that thing is real good. that being said, even though it stays very cool, I think the 2 8-pin connection limits its overclocking as it can't really pull more than 100% power (340 w) effectively. you'll get occasional spikes to 110% when turning the power slider up but it won't hold it. even when using the latest vbios. it can overclock well but its not really meant for that compared to something like the ftw3 cards or the strix cards which allow for alot more power draw. play around with it in afterburner as what your card will allow in terms of an oc will differ from my old TUF OC

5 minutes ago, LanceOfHeaven said:

When I had the TUF OC I had an overlock of +205 core and +1300 memory. I saw maybe a 7% increase in performance in both 3dmark and other games. surprisingly it never went above 62-63c. the cooler on that thing is real good. that being said, even though it stays very cool, I think the 2 8-pin connection limits its overclocking as it can't really pull more than 100% power (340 w) effectively. you'll get occasional spikes to 110% when turning the power slider up but it won't hold it. even when using the latest vbios. it can overclock well but its not really meant for that compared to something like the ftw3 cards or the strix cards which allow for alot more power draw. play around with it in afterburner as what your card will allow in terms of an oc will differ from my old TUF OC

what the? I mean to edit not post a whole new response. stupid mobile