Signal Private Messenger Pin

I texted my mom using Signal in the morning and she didn't receive it. When I opened the app I saw she had forgotten to verify her Pin. After I got her to do that, texts were getting delivered. Assuming this is a problem of not entering the pin once a few days, how do I ensure that non tech-savvy people always get my messages on Signal?

PS: You can disable the PIN but then you have to manually restore from backup if you reinstall Signal. Any workarounds to this problem? 

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

SMS? I doubt there's actual work-arounds. The app should prompt it itself if thats required action to be done.

Note that Signal had/has ongoing server issues due to WhatsApp drama. They have surge of new users coming in, so app losing connection to servers and needing to be verified again because of that might be the actual cause here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

SMS? I doubt there's actual work-arounds. The app should prompt it itself if thats required action to be done.

Note that Signal had/has ongoing server issues due to WhatsApp drama. They have surge of new users coming in, so app losing connection to servers and needing to be verified again because of that might be the actual cause here.

Yeah they've been at work like crazy. You're right, that might very well be the cause. They even mention their workload when you mail them to educate users.

Telegram is still fine, it's not crashing (even though you should keep in mind that, to enable end-to-end encryption, you need to use "secret chats")

2 hours ago, Alexeygridnev1993 said:

Telegram is still fine, it's not crashing (even though you should keep in mind that, to enable end-to-end encryption, you need to use "secret chats")

Whoa, I had no idea, so does it not use E2E for default chats?

On 1/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, AnirbanG007 said:

Whoa, I had no idea, so does it not use E2E for default chats?

No, by default it is encrypted, but still stays on a server.