AVOID BOTTLENECK? OR BUY A HIGHER GPU FOR FUTURE UPGRADE?

Aaron1080p
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,
1 hour ago, Aaron1080p said:

balance cpu-gpu?

Nothing really balance. It's either the CPU or the GPU that will bottleneck. Nothing to worry about.

Going for a high end gpu will still be better than getting a "balance" low end gpu, it just that gpu won't perform as optimal as expected.

If you get a low end gpu say you'll get 60fps with low quality.

You can get 60fps in HIGH / Ultra settings with the same cpu and better gpu.

Yes, they still sell 570 but with 8gb. And costs $50 dollars more. If I buy the 8gb, would it be worth it? Or should I buy a later gpu that is around the same price, but will bottleneck my i3 7th.

Yes, 8gb is worth it, most games nowadays already need 4gb for a high, with 8gb you can get it to ultra.

21 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

try to find some cool i3 10th gen for cheap!

You can't upgrade that cpu to 10th gen.

But he can upgrade it to 7700k.

Hello, I am new to this page and just really considered joining because I have no one to ask this. 

So I am on a tight budget, and I consider buying an RX 570 4gb for my i3 7100. But I couldn't find stores that has the gpu, they all have higher gpus that costs $80 to $100 more than RX 570. I started reconsidering buying a higher one. Im well aware of bottlenecking, but, is it anything different from having a lower end pc? Or does bottlenecking cause lower fps than a low-pc-build that has a balanced CPU and GPU power. Because if they don't I would buy a higher gpu for future upgrades.

Moved to Graphics Cards. Guides & Tutorials is for posting written guides to help others.

Check the used market to see if anyone is selling an RX 570. The RX 570 is a few years and couple generations old by now. Stores might no longer be stocking them new.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Aaron1080p said:

Hello, I am new to this page and just really considered joining because I have no one to ask this. 

So I am on a tight budget, and I consider buying an RX 570 4gb for my i3 7100. But I couldn't find stores that has the gpu, they all have higher gpus that costs $80 to $100 more than RX 570. I started reconsidering buying a higher one. Im well aware of bottlenecking, but, is it anything different from having a lower end pc? Or does bottlenecking cause lower fps than a low-pc-build that has a balanced CPU and GPU power. Because if they don't I would buy a higher gpu for future upgrades.

bottlenecking has higher fps than what youre getting, but it is until a certain point, it could be 1 fps it could be 100. it all depends on your system
besides that, i would really suggest either upping the budget or looking for an used rx 570

1 minute ago, Hibba said:

bottlenecking has higher fps than what youre getting, but it is until a certain point, it could be 1 fps it could be 100. it all depends on your system
besides that, i would really suggest either upping the budget or looking for an used rx 570

Thank you. So, bottlenecking will maximize whichever is lower (CPU,GPU) but it would still be better than a lower end that has a balance cpu-gpu? So I can consider buying a higher one (definitely need more time to save money) so in the future, I still have a high gpu? Is that alright?

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Moved to Graphics Cards. Guides & Tutorials is for posting written guides to help others.

Check the used market to see if anyone is selling an RX 570. The RX 570 is a few years and couple generations old by now. Stores might no longer be stocking them new.

Yes, they still sell 570 but with 8gb. And costs $50 dollars more. If I buy the 8gb, would it be worth it? Or should I buy a later gpu that is around the same price, but will bottleneck my i3 7th.

balance cpu-gpu?

Nothing really balance. It's either the CPU or the GPU that will bottleneck. Nothing to worry about.

Going for a high end gpu will still be better than getting a "balance" low end gpu, it just that gpu won't perform as optimal as expected.

Yes, 8gb is worth it, most games nowadays already need 4gb for a high, with 8gb you can get it to ultra.

21 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

try to find some cool i3 10th gen for cheap!

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

38 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Kudos!

45 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

After my GPU upgrade, ill switch to Ryzen. So if I were to make a cpu upgrade in the future, i wont be stuck at intel considering that Im still on tight budgets.