Low FPS in Fortnite with 2080 Super and Ryzen 3800x

AJ999

I got an MSI Ventus 2080 Super for Christmas I have experienced fps problems in Fortnite ever since. However, it works randomly sometimes. When I get lucky I get 200-350fps but every other time I get lower than 80 no matter where at 1440p. When I change graphics from low to epic with raytracing my fps stays the same. My thermals are fine, neither CPU nor GPU is at 100% usage, and only happens in Fortnite and no other game. I would love some help and get this working properly, thanks.

Fortnite doesn't have raytracing so "epic with raytracing" is kind of meaningless. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Fortnite doesn't have raytracing so "epic with raytracing" is kind of meaningless. 

It was added to the game.

@AJ999 Ray tracing is very taxing, changing the preset might not enable or disable it. Try playing the game with custom high settings and disabling ray tracing. 

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

It was added to the game.

@AJ999 Ray tracing is very taxing, changing the preset might not enable or disable it. Try playing the game with custom high settings and disabling ray tracing. 

Huh, shows how much attention I pay to Fortnite. Nvidia continuing their brilliant strategy of putting it in a bunch of online shooters where everybody just turns graphical options down for frames anyway. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

we dont have enough information to work with here, but here are a few things i would suggest you do.

Install the latest drivers
Reinstall fortnite
Format your pc so that no viruses can intervene

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

Huh, shows how much attention I pay to Fortnite. Nvidia continuing their brilliant strategy of putting it in a bunch of online shooters where everybody just turns graphical options down for frames anyway. 

Pretty much. The only RTX tech I ever use is DLSS to make games playable at 4K with 60 FPS vsync on my tv. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Murphy said:

Starting up on Borderless window ?

It starts in fullscreen 

2 hours ago, Sorenson said:

Pretty much. The only RTX tech I ever use is DLSS to make games playable at 4K with 60 FPS vsync on my tv. 

The FPS doesn't change with or with out so I'm extremely confused 

Is your power plan not set to performance perhaps ? what with the new card using more power than the old one the setting may have never been changed from balanced.

2 hours ago, AJ999 said:

The FPS doesn't change with or with out so I'm extremely confused 

Did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new card? You do this with a program called DDU. Download it, restart windows in safe mode, and then uninstall all the nvidia drivers. You will then need to reinstall the new drivers. 

19 hours ago, Sorenson said:

Did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new card? You do this with a program called DDU. Download it, restart windows in safe mode, and then uninstall all the nvidia drivers. You will then need to reinstall the new drivers. 

I did a ddu and im still having the same issues 

21 hours ago, Eddie Murphy said:

Is your power plan not set to performance perhaps ? what with the new card using more power than the old one the setting may have never been changed from balanced.

it is on ultimate performance  

14 hours ago, Sorenson said:

can you list all your system specs?

Corsair Vengence 3200mhz 16GB cl16

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD 
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

MSI B550 Gaming Plus 

Refurbished MSI Venus 2080 Super

Ryzen 3800x

2 hours ago, AJ999 said:

Corsair Vengence 3200mhz 16GB cl16

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD 
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

MSI B550 Gaming Plus 

Refurbished MSI Venus 2080 Super

Ryzen 3800x

You have two sticks of ram in the correct motherboard slots running dual channel right?

If you do, my best guess to fix it would be clear your CMOS, reset your motherboard to factory settings, and reset windows. That is a shot in the dark and might not work though. 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sorenson said:

You have two sticks of ram in the correct motherboard slots running dual channel right?

If you do, my best guess to fix it would be clear your CMOS, reset your motherboard to factory settings, and reset windows. That is a shot in the dark and might not work though. 

They are in the correct ram slots, thank you for your help