Which HDD is the best out of these?

Joseph692

3 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Get like a 2tb barracuda 7200rpm. Like $14 more. I don't know about the bottom two but the barracuda is perfectly good. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Get like a 2tb barracuda 7200rpm. Like $14 more. I don't know about the bottom two but the barracuda is perfectly good. 

Okay thanks dude!

7 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Hard Disk desktop SEAGATE BarraCuda, 1TB, 7200 RPM, SATA3, 64MB, ST1000DM010 (altex.ro)

Hard Disk desktop SEAGATE SkyHawk Surveillance 1TB, 5900RPM, SATA3, 64MB, ST1000VX005 (altex.ro)

Hard Disk desktop WD Purple, 1TB, Surveillance, SATA3, 64MB, WD10PURZ (altex.ro)

I would like to upgrade my storage, my current HDD is the same capacity but it`s too sluggish.

Also, how many SATA 3 ports are usually on an ATX or mini-ATX mobo? I think I might not have enough.

ATX has 6 or 8.

Micro-ATX has 4 or 6.

Mini-ITX has 2 or 4.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

ATX has 6 or 8.

Micro-ATX has 4 or 6.

Mini-ITX has 2 or 4.

That`s useful thanks dude!

If the problem is performance, just get a ssd, there much faster and not that much more for 1tb. All 1tb hdds are around the same speed

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If the problem is performance, just get a ssd, there much faster and not that much more for 1tb. All 1tb hdds are around the same speed

This HDD that I got back in 2016, but now I need to upgrade my PC, don`t have enough space for all my games. I don`t care for the speed I just needed some space.

Just now, Joseph692 said:

This HDD that I got back in 2016, but now I need to upgrade my PC, don`t have enough space for all my games. I don`t care for the speed I just needed some space.

Id then get a bigger model, there slightly faster also, id probalby aim for 4tb as games keep getting bigger. How about a 4tb barracuda or wd blue.

For ssds, those are a simmilar class of drives, both are dramless sata drives, so get what is cheaper.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id then get a bigger model, there slightly faster also, id probalby aim for 4tb as games keep getting bigger. How about a 4tb barracuda or wd blue.

For ssds, those are a simmilar class of drives, both are dramless sata drives, so get what is cheaper.

So what`s the best cheapest dram SSD that I could get. I am only planning on using the SSD for the OS, Steam, Discord and other programs that I need at startup.

So what`s the best cheapest dram SSD that I could get. I am only planning on using the SSD for the OS, Steam, Discord and other programs that I need at startup.

For the os, those drives will work fine, you won't need dram for a basic os drive. Id get the cheaper of those two.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For the os, those drives will work fine, you won't need dram for a basic os drive. Id get the cheaper of those two.

Okay then, thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate this!

For the hard drive the top option should be fine. As for the SSD, can you spend a little bit more? I would try to find a drive with a DRAM cache. The SU650 is a decent drive, but it can get very slow at times. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, ProjectBox153 said:

For the hard drive the top option should be fine. As for the SSD, can you spend a little bit more? I would try to find a drive with a DRAM cache. The SU650 is a decent drive, but it can get very slow at times. 

I`ll look into it, thanks!

I`ll look into it, thanks!

No problem. If you can't find a better one for a decent price then don't worry about it that much. I don't mean to say that the SU650 is a bad drive, it's decent for the price. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Yeah, where I live, the prices could be 20-40% higher than in the states