Can someone with a brain help with further LiveKernalEvent codes/parameter troubleshooting

alexfegan321

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent
Code:    144
Parameter 1:    101e
Parameter 2:    ffff838cfa0a89a0
Parameter 3:    0
Parameter 4:    0
OS version:    10_0_19042
Service Pack:    0_0
Product:    256_1
OS Version:    10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    2057

Code:    117
Parameter 1:    ffffc58d03672460
Parameter 2:    fffff80591d5e590

Problem signature
Code:    141
Parameter 1:    ffffbd08d0fc3460
Parameter 2:    fffff80248b6e590
Parameter 4:    3a8

Problem signature
Code:    144
Parameter 1:    1020
Parameter 2:    fffff88349b4f9a0

NO STUPID REPLIES LIKE OH 144 USUALLY MEANS GPU ERRORS

I need real technical answers as to how to further troubleshoot these please so I dont get a possible correlation to a problem but actually determining where and what happened, how and when etc.

Thanks if anyone has a brain cause google doesnt and time is money 

7 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

Thanks

You getting BSoDs with this? If so, the crash dumps would be more helpful.

Also, full system specs, and why/what were you doing when these events happened

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

You getting BSoDs with this? If so, the crash dumps would be more helpful.

Also, full system specs, and why/what were you doing when these events happened

No blue screens, just screen off followed with a restart. Seemingly GPU related but no overheating, no failed gpu tests, etc no hardware components failing under load or any dedicated hardware tests. 

Full system specs:

MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC

GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 1TB

Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS

AMD Ryzen5 3600 +WraithStealth

2x8GB Cors Veng LPX DDR4-3200

750w bronze corsair 

500gb evo ssd

-Think thats mainly them 

and the restarts are random. sometimes the pc is at dekstop doing nothing...yeah usually nothing when it happens to be honest but doesnt happen that many times, just since the 12th of decemeber or something and this was built in october by me. 

no out of date drivers or failed updates etc as far as i can tell 

I just want to be able to read these reliability reports better and what log files do you want and where are they 

1 minute ago, alexfegan321 said:

as i can tell 

Ok, you running XMP or manually OCing anything? If so, turn that off.

Also, have you tested your RAM with MemTest86? 

Just now, alexfegan321 said:

I just want to be able to read these reliability reports better and what log files do you want and where are they 

Well, the Event Viewer posts you made only can tell part of the story, without a BSoD (which would pinpoint exactly what's going on) then we have to do some sleuthing.

2 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

just screen off followed with a restart.

Yeah that's gonna be a real challenge, because Windows isn't giving us enough information to go on. I assume no other Red ! marks in the Event Viewer that might be related?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, you running XMP or manually OCing anything? If so, turn that off.

Also, have you tested your RAM with MemTest86? 

Well, the Event Viewer posts you made only can tell part of the story, without a BSoD (which would pinpoint exactly what's going on) then we have to do some sleuthing.

Yeah that's gonna be a real challenge, because Windows isn't giving us enough information to go on. I assume no other Red ! marks in the Event Viewer that might be related?

I dont think XMP is on cause i remember manually choosing ram speed.... ? 

Nothing is overclocked

and Ram seems to pass tests but ill do another memtest if i have too 

yeah is there nothing in the event viewier/reliability report/ log files to elaborate on this like > so far its just telling us something has went wrong

and no other hardware red marks in reliabilty report just the odd random bug here and there that didnt or wasnt red 

No blue screen indiciates a lack of communication somewhere in there lol 

Seems like its restarting to protect itself or restarting as a result of x failing but nothing fails when actually trying to check if they fail lol 

Ram seems to pass tests but ill do another memtest if i have too 

If you have already run MemTest (Windows Memory Diag is worthless) then don't run it again.

yeah is there nothing in the event viewier/reliability report/ log files to elaborate on this like > so far its just telling us something has went wrong

Then I have no concrete answers, sorry. Those errors simply aren't enough to pinpoint the issue, and as you have already seen, Google can't help either. Maybe someone will come along that has seen this before who will better help

restarting to protect itself

Which is typically not enough power, but, at idle, you'd have to have a really bad PSU for that to be an issue, so we can discount that I think.

I assume you've tried running your system with only 1 RAM stick installed?

I know, im yet to find someone that can take me to the next stage of intelligence on these errors lol 

Is there anyone we can summon?.....wheres the big guy from the youtube videos that loves tinkering lol 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Which is typically not enough power, but, at idle, you'd have to have a really bad PSU for that to be an issue, so we can discount that I think.

I assume you've tried running your system with only 1 RAM stick installed?

yah i agree and if it was PSU it seems like it would do it in game or something 

Nah I dont want to start fucking about with ram seating again when the problem only occured 2 months after building it id probs do a clean install before that lol 

14 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

No blue screens, just screen off followed with a restart. Seemingly GPU related but no overheating, no failed gpu tests, etc no hardware components failing under load or any dedicated hardware tests. 

Full system specs:

MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC

GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 1TB

Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS

AMD Ryzen5 3600 +WraithStealth

2x8GB Cors Veng LPX DDR4-3200

750w bronze corsair 

500gb evo ssd

-Think thats mainly them 

and the restarts are random. sometimes the pc is at dekstop doing nothing...yeah usually nothing when it happens to be honest but doesnt happen that many times, just since the 12th of decemeber or something and this was built in october by me. 

no out of date drivers or failed updates etc as far as i can tell 

Is the SSD PCIe Gen 4? If so then try boosting the SoC voltage in UEFI up to 1.15v.

Sounds weird but if you run RAM at XMP, a PCIe 4 GPU and a PCIe 4 SSD it can overload the controller on the CPU and causes reboots. Your board probably has a warning about this when you turn XMP on, I know that my Asus does.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Is the SSD PCIe Gen 4? If so then try boosting the SoC voltage in UEFI up to 1.15v.

Sounds weird but if you run RAM at XMP, a PCIe 4 GPU and a PCIe 4 SSD it can overload the controller on the CPU and causes reboots.

Now this is interesting, because yes the ssd is pci gen 4 and the gpu is gen 4 also but i dont think the ram is running on xmp but its worth investigating 

Now this is interesting, because yes the ssd is pci gen 4 and the gpu is gen 4 also but i dont think the ram is running on xmp but its worth investigating 

You can go up to 1.2v safely but 1.15v fixed reboots on my system.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

You can go up to 1.2v safely but 1.15v fixed reboots on my system.

From someone who doesnt ever change voltages, can reverting an incorrect change of voltage be salvaged 

From someone who doesnt ever change voltages, can reverting an incorrect change of voltage be salvaged 

A CMOS reset will undo any BIOS changes and in most cases the board will simply power cycle a few times then boot up in safe mode.

Set the SoC voltage to Manual Mode, change its value 1.15 and hit Enter then F10 to save & reboot.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

A CMOS reset will undo any BIOS changes and in most cases the board will simply power cycle a few times then boot up in safe mode.

Set the SoC voltage to Manual Mode, change its value 1.15 and hit Enter then F10 to save & reboot.

Nice, sound good to me 

4 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

P.S. Your 4TB and 1TB are trash lol 

They're really not. Both are 3 to 4 years old from back when WD HDDs were actually good.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They're really not. Both are 3 to 4 years old from back when WD HDDs were actually good.

The most respectful way to use them is to store pictures from old phones

On 1/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, Master Disaster said:

This seems dodgy enough to do, is it the VDDCR SOC VOLTAGE you want me to change from 1.1000v to 1.1500v ? 

Also do you want to see anything from HWinfo before this?