B550 Aorus Pro (AC) USB 2.0 issues + f11 safe?

lgcas

Hi all.

Has anyone tried the new "F11" bios version for the B550 Aorus Pro Ac (or non AC, I would presume it is not any different). I want to update my bios (I am on beta f11p) as I have an issue with the board in which the top 4 USB 2.0 ports display some strange behaviour. If I plug a headset in the audio works, but when I try to screen share one game via discord (monster hunter) it cuts off the audio from the headset (it makes lots of popping noises as if it was trying to turn back on, could this be a software/driver issue?) and the mic stops working. If I unplug this it also seems to mess with other peripherals that are plugged in to the top boards. The other USB 2.0/3.x ports, beneath the 4 that do not work, all function fine with 0 stuttering, cutoffs/power issues. I did hear something about this being related to the top 4 USB 2.0 ports being controlled by the cpu rather than the chipset or something related to that. I think this may be the problem that people had to disable C-states for in the bios.

I also tested the screen share issue with a USB drive in the top ports, starting a stream with the headset in one of the good ports does not cut off the USB drive. However, it does completely stop my keyboard working apart from the lights.

Other than this I have 0 other issues with the board. I have not run into any of the other common problems such as stuttering USB ports (unless what I stated above covers that?), bluetooth issues, WiFi issues or RAM issues.

However, I am concerned about updating my board for the following reasons:

The RAM I am using XMPs to its advertised 3600mhz at cl16 but is not on the QVL; it is a new Vengeance LPX SKU from Corsair from early December. I have had 0 RAM related problems

I am using a 5600x so if anything was to go wrong I do not have another cpu to use if something was to go wrong.

I also have a 970 EVO Plus and an RTX 3060ti if this is relevant information.

I am worried that if I update I could encounter problems that others have had with the board such as the bluetooth issues.

The main question here is, has anyone had the same USB problems I have had (especially on this motherboard and/or on an f11 beta)? If so, did f11 fix them? If so have you managed to update to the new stable bios and still retain XMP for high speed RAM (especially non-QVL RAM). Did any other problems arise or am I safe to update here/should I?

Thanks!

finally escaped fm2+

i have dark mode on, and i dont see the text.

Not sure how updating F11 is not safe. 

Your problems are NOT BIOS related at all

Main: Intel i7-10700KF, RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC, 16 GB 3900MHz CL15 B-Die, Windows 11 Pro

Third PC: Intel i5-10400F, RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, 16GB 3000MHz Timitec, Windows 10 Pro

Second PC: Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070 Super STRIX, 16GB 3200MHz CL15, Windows 10 Pro

First PC: Intel i5-3570, GTX 1060 Windforce, 16GB G-Skill 1600MHz, Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm Laptop: Pentium M 1.6GHz, iGPU, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, Windows 7 SP1

I have a B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, not quite the same board I know, but I'm on F11p and haven't had any problems to note

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

15 minutes ago, Adkatka said:

Not sure how updating F11 is not safe. 

Your problems are NOT BIOS related at all

Probably a bit of a vague question, but could there be anything else it could likely be?

I saw that some people had bluetooth issues still on f11 and was worried that I could encounter them if I updated.

Is this to do with the formatting of my post? I never usually format stuff with bold, italics, etc. If so I can default everything.

finally escaped fm2+

2 hours ago, lgcas said:

this to do with the formatting of my post? I never usually format stuff with bold, italics, etc. If so I can default everything.

Screenshot (343).png

Main: Intel i7-10700KF, RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC, 16 GB 3900MHz CL15 B-Die, Windows 11 Pro

Third PC: Intel i5-10400F, RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, 16GB 3000MHz Timitec, Windows 10 Pro

Second PC: Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070 Super STRIX, 16GB 3200MHz CL15, Windows 10 Pro

First PC: Intel i5-3570, GTX 1060 Windforce, 16GB G-Skill 1600MHz, Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm Laptop: Pentium M 1.6GHz, iGPU, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, Windows 7 SP1