Spilled Water Into Pc Tower

AydanG

Hi, Like the idiot I am, I accidentally knocked over a glass of  water on my desk and only a little bit on water went into my pc. I quickly turned off the computer and opened it up. I wiped down all the water I saw, looks like a little got on top of the graphics card, and a couple of drops were on top of the AIO. I wasnt able to find any on the motherboard or RAM. I cleaned it all up, and I know this probably wasnt the smartest decision but I had to turn it back on for school. Luckily it works well so far, its been on for around 50min without any problems, but I was wondering if there is anything I should worry about, will there be any slowed down computer parts possibly? Thanks for the help.

If there hasn't been anything wrong yet, there most likely won't be any problems in the future.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

If there hasn't been anything wrong yet, there most likely won't be any problems in the future.

thank god, thank you

3 minutes ago, AydanG said:

Hi, Like the idiot I am, I accidentally knocked over a glass of  water on my desk and only a little bit on water went into my pc. I quickly turned off the computer and opened it up. I wiped down all the water I saw, looks like a little got on top of the graphics card, and a couple of drops were on top of the AIO. I wasnt able to find any on the motherboard or RAM. I cleaned it all up, and I know this probably wasnt the smartest decision but I had to turn it back on for school. Luckily it works well so far, its been on for around 50min without any problems, but I was wondering if there is anything I should worry about, will there be any slowed down computer parts possibly? Thanks for the help.

I would turn it off and dont touch for a week just to make sure all the water dried

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

I would turn it off and dont touch for a week just to make sure all the water dried

I cant, I need the computer for school, the longest I would be able to not use the computer for would be around 3 days

Just now, AydanG said:

I cant, I need the computer for school, the longest I would be able to not use the computer for would be around 3 days

Thats good too take off the side panels and let it rest, 3 days are ok too

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

18 minutes ago, AydanG said:

but I was wondering if there is anything I should worry about

Corrosion

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

Corrosion

What should I do to prevent this? It really only got on the outside of the case the gpu, and the AIO what would I corrode

Just now, AydanG said:

What should I do to prevent this?

Don't use the PC,let it dry completely.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, AydanG said:

What should I do to prevent this? It really only got on the outside of the case the gpu, and the AIO what would I corrode

Any IC connections may start to corrode...can't really do anything at that point other than to desolder, clean the pads, and resolder. Pads will corrode as well. Running the computer on will make this faster thanks to electricity and chemical reactions. 

You shouldn't really worry though if a some water got inside and went on the components. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, AydanG said:

JayzTwoCents did a video on this, where he dropped small amounts of water onto the back of his GPU, and the overall outcome was that a few drops won't hurt, if you spilt half the bottle into it, you may have to worry about water being inside, and like someone said earlier, side panels off, and leave it to rest as long as possible.