low fps minecraft RTX3070 with texture pack on

LeviThon

Hey, ive bought a RTX 3070 OC edition and i started up some Minecraft Java, i had paid for some shaders (SEUS PTGI)  and a texture pack (Patrix 256x) but im getting 1fps when i use the texture pack, and i get like 40 to 60 fps with the shaders. Anyone know whats going on here? i should be getting more fps then this right?? i mean it is and RTX 3070 OC haha

1 minute ago, LeviThon said:

Hey, ive bought a RTX 3070 OC edition and i started up some Minecraft Java, i had paid for some shaders (SEUS PTGI)  and a texture pack (Patrix 256x) but im getting 1fps when i use the texture pack, and i get like 40 to 60 fps with the shaders. Anyone know whats going on here? i should be getting more fps then this right?? i mean it is and RTX 3070 OC haha

Is your ram running in XMP and dual channel? Are your temps okay and drivers updated?
What are your system specs?

Also 256x texture packs + shaders? I'd excpect unplayable framerates.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

Is your ram running in XMP and dual channel? Are your temps okay and drivers updated?
What are your system specs?

Also 256x texture packs + shaders? I'd excpect unplayable framerates.

pc specs are: i9-9900k, RTX 3070, DDR4 32gb ram. and no just switching between them sometimes. Yeah my temps are fine, and drivers up to date. I dont know what you mean by XMP, But my ram is in dual channel

• 1 month later...

Check in NVIDIA control panel to ensure minecraft launcher and java are using NVIDIA GPU instead of intel!
You should also edit optifine launch (inside minecraft launcher) to allocate more RAM since only 2GB are allocated by default. Check here how to do that

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 6:01 PM, LeviThon said:

I ran into exactly the same issue with SEUS and Patrix. I also have a pretty good setup and am able to run RDR2 on Extreme graphics. But same for me here: 40-60 FPS with just the shader and as soon as I add the textures in there -> 1-10 FPS.
Were you able to get it fixed?

I tried everyting. I tried all different kind of Ram allocations in Optifine launcher, from 2 to 13 GB (I have 16GB DDR4 3800MHz). I tried to turn of threaded optimization in the NVIDA control panel. Since I only have one graphics card (no internal one - AMD Ryzen 5 3600), There is no use in setting it to the NVIDIA GPU, I did it anyway - no success.

What is interesting is that my GPU usage is at 99% while only having the shader active. Solid 40-60 FPS, like I said. But as soon as I turn on the Ressource pack, the GPU usage drops down to 30% or something like that. The CPU usage is constantly at something like 15%. It's almost as if the engine suddenly decides to, instead of letting my GPU do it's job, throw all the calculation on the Ram only (Ram is at 90-100% while having Shader and Textures enabled).

Does anybody have an idea?

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, Zocker Wambo said:

I ran into exactly the same issue with SEUS and Patrix. I also have a pretty good setup and am able to run RDR2 on Extreme graphics. But same for me here: 40-60 FPS with just the shader and as soon as I add the textures in there -> 1-10 FPS.
Were you able to get it fixed?

I tried everyting. I tried all different kind of Ram allocations in Optifine launcher, from 2 to 13 GB (I have 16GB DDR4 3800MHz). I tried to turn of threaded optimization in the NVIDA control panel. Since I only have one graphics card (no internal one - AMD Ryzen 5 3600), There is no use in setting it to the NVIDIA GPU, I did it anyway - no success.

What is interesting is that my GPU usage is at 99% while only having the shader active. Solid 40-60 FPS, like I said. But as soon as I turn on the Ressource pack, the GPU usage drops down to 30% or something like that. The CPU usage is constantly at something like 15%. It's almost as if the engine suddenly decides to, instead of letting my GPU do it's job, throw all the calculation on the Ram only (Ram is at 90-100% while having Shader and Textures enabled).

Does anybody have an idea?

Sorry for the VERY late reply. but ive been in-touch with Patrix and he says 32gb isnt enough to run the 256x pack hes telling me that you need around 128gb+

Hey so I want to say 8 gigs is enough for mc so 32 gigs is def enough and a 3070 with a 9900k is def enough for shaders and a 256x pack. Try using different nvidia drivers see if it gives more or less fps and see what gives the most.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, LeviThon said:

Sorry for the VERY late reply. but ive been in-touch with Patrix and he says 32gb isnt enough to run the 256x pack hes telling me that you need around 128gb+

• 10 months later...

The problem was animated textures. You need to check Video Settings -> Performance -> Smart Animations. It should be ON.