Xbox One Series X Controller on PC

LordHiler

Hello! I recently purchased one of the new Xbox One Series X controller's for use with my gaming PC. This is to replace the PS4 controller I had been using. Nothing wrong with the PS4 controller but the Xbox controller more neatly integrates with Xbox Game Pass for PC which I recently got into. After a firmware update the controller is great, no complaints.

However, I put in the new batter pack for it with the USB-C charge cord and this is where the issue comes from. It works great, but I can find no way to accurately read the battery level. The windows device information just always says the batter is at 50%, and the Xbox Accessories app reads it as "critical". These values do not appear to ever change. The controller itself when plugged in does read as charging, but beyond that gives no indication of how much charge it has or when it is finished charging. It is clear that the Xbox app is INTENDED to provide this information, but seems not to do so correctly. 

Does anyone know of a work around, or have a solution? This is my first time owning an Xbox controller of my own since the 360 so is there something obvious I'm over looking? 

Thanks!