How to connect two USB 3 cables into one USB header?

So i have built my new PC, i have ROG Helios case which has 4 USB 3 on the front panel, each two have one USB cable, so i have two USB cables to connect to the motherboard for those to work.

Now the problem is that i have only one USB 3 Header on my motherboard. which is ROG Dark Hero, how can i connect those two USB cables to it? 

1 minute ago, Fadi Obaji said:

So i have built my new PC, i have ROG Helios case which has 4 USB 3 on the front panel, each two have one USB cable, so i have two USB cables to connect to the motherboard for those to work.

Now the problem is that i have only one USB 3 Header on my motherboard. which is ROG Dark Hero, how can i connect those two USB cables to it? 

One of them should have a USB 2 offshoot thing.

Connect it to a 9-pin USB 2.0 header.

elephants

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

One of them should have a USB 2 offshoot thing.

What's that? 

Just now, Fadi Obaji said:

What's that? 

See the big USB 3 header that has 19 pins?
There should be a little dongle thing that has only 9 pins/wires.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

See the big USB 3 header that has 19 pins?
There should be a little dongle thing that has only 9 pins/wires.

And i should find this dongle in the motherboard's box? or the case's box?

And i should find this dongle in the motherboard's box? or the case's box?

On the USB 3 cable that comes from the front - there should be a USB 3 connector and a USB 2 connector like this:

How to Connect the USB Front Panel to Your Motherboard - YouTube

There should be something that looks like that. Ignore the color of the wires.

elephants

You cannot connect two 4 USB3 ports to a single USB3 header. The limit is 2 ports per header. Full stop. 

You may find "splitter cables" on modding sites, don't bother. They may not work at all and they certainly won't work right if you try to actually use all the ports, which defeats the purpose.

For your second cable and its pair of USB3 ports, your option would be to get an adapter which allows you to connect it to a USB2 header (with the accompanying loss of performance) or get a PCIe host card with another USB3 header on it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

You cannot connect two 4 USB3 ports to a single USB3 header. The limit is 2 ports per header. Full stop. 

You may find "splitter cables" on modding sites, don't bother. They may not work at all and they certainly won't work right if you try to actually use all the ports, which defeats the purpose.

For your second cable and its pair of USB3 ports, your option would be to get an adapter which allows you to connect it to a USB2 header (with the accompanying loss of performance) or get a PCIe host card with another USB3 header on it. 

I'll just not connect them then. I mean 13 ports is enough already lol.

But i thought maybe there's a way to do it.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

On the USB 3 cable that comes from the front - there should be a USB 3 connector and a USB 2 connector like this:

How to Connect the USB Front Panel to Your Motherboard - YouTube

There should be something that looks like that. Ignore the color of the wires.

I just checked them, they are both USB 3 and nothing came with them, so i guess i should buy usb3 to usb2 adaptor in order for this to work. I'll just ignore it.

1 minute ago, Fadi Obaji said:

I'll just not connect them then. I mean 13 ports is enough already lol.

But i thought maybe there's a way to do it.

Thanks

I have one thing to say, then:
Don't get confused when some of your front USB ports don't work.

elephants

There are adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Internal-19-Pin-Adapter-G11303050-RT/dp/B00B1RM5YU/

That allow you to plug your USB 3.0 header from your case into a USB 2.0 header of your motherboard (of which you have two)

EDIT: of course at USB 2.0 speeds max. So two of your USB connections on the front are essentially USB 2.0 ports.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

I have one thing to say, then:
Don't get confused when some of your front USB ports don't work.

Yeah i know, two of them work, and the other 2 don't. I already know that, i just wanted to know if there's a way to connect the other 2.

Thanks. And by the way nice "Cool Tech Tips Inside" lol

Cool! thanks.

I edited my post a second ago, I forgot to mention the two USB 3.0 ports connected to that adapter will function at USB 2.0 speeds. So basically two of the front USB ports will be 2.0, two of them 3.0.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

I edited my post a second ago, I forgot to mention the two USB 3.0 ports connected to that adapter will function at USB 2.0 speeds. So basically two of the front USB ports will be 2.0, two of them 3.0.

Yeah, but this is better than not working at all i guess.