Samsung Odyssey G5 27inch is having black thing on the screen (don't know how to describe it sry)

Padblaze

So I recently go this monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 but I have a problem with it, I don't know how to explain it but you will see in the pics I am gonna upload . It happens when there is black color on the screen. Could you guys explain what it is and if we can fix it.IMG_9612.jfif

IMG_9613.jfif

IMG_9611.jfif

IMG_9610.jfif

IMG_9609.jfif

So whenever there's black color on my screen, it looks really bad and I don't know why. I was thinking it may be because I had HDR enabled but when I disabled it, it continued to show this ugly black but less visible (don't know how to describe it xD) you can see in the pics. Could someone tell me what's causing that and how can I stop it? Thanks

IMG_9613.thumb.jpg.76a6fad51150e62f9c20b6d05dd43ab7.jpgIMG_9612.thumb.jpg.05b4850b4805c6464635b1374d20243a.jpgIMG_9611.thumb.jpg.b0fcdd9e3015f39c7311f57fe7fcc993.jpgIMG_9610.thumb.jpg.4f64d733454e3fd9f13ff71647b64a6b.jpgIMG_9609.thumb.jpg.2ebc4502534d9787398861f6c1057cf9.jpg

PC specs and what settings do you use in your GPU control panel.
Is it on the right Resolution?
Is it on the right refresh rate?
Is it on the righ bit rate for color?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Is there an auto black level function in the monitors settings, maybe turn it off/ on/ adjust the strength.

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

PC specs and what settings do you use in your GPU control panel.
Is it on the right Resolution?
Is it on the right refresh rate?
Is it on the righ bit rate for color?

It's for a pc but I don't have all the components right now so I'm using it with a laptop with a Ryzen 7 2700u with integrated graphics. It is on 1440p but only on 60hz even if it's 144hz because my laptop is HDMI 1.4 and for bitrate color, I don't know what it is.

3 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

Is there an auto black level function in the monitors settings, maybe turn it off/ on/ adjust the strength.

Well, I see on the monitor settings a thing called black level but it's grey like it's disabled.

12 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

There is a option called black equalizer tho

1 hour ago, Padblaze said:

There is a option called black equalizer tho

You could try lowering the black equalizer strength or increasing it (see which makes the display better, if at all), although going back to your original images, it does look more like compression artefact's in the image rather than black levels on the display.

4 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

You could try lowering the black equalizer strength or increasing it (see which makes the display better, if at all), although going back to your original images, it does look more like compression artefact's in the image rather than black levels on the display.

So I went in 14/20 for the black equalizer and it looks way better but I'm afraid that when I'm going to play games, I'm not gonna see the enemy in dark room. Is there something I can do about that? 

I really thought Samsung odyssey was a phone... 

Anyways. what Display type is this?

[important] 

1 hour ago, Padblaze said:

So I went in 14/20 for the black equalizer and it looks way better but I'm afraid that when I'm going to play games, I'm not gonna see the enemy in dark room. Is there something I can do about that? 

As a fellow member of the same display type crew [most likely] I can tell you there's absolutely nothing you can do to fix this as it is an inherent and well known issue with this display type... you can make it less bad for certain scenarios, doesn't mean it won't crop up much worse elsewhere... 

Personally I don't really care I think it's much worse watching videos than playing games, and I barely watch videos. 

EDIT: Ok I checked its a [VA] panel, mine is [IPS] it's possible though they have the same issue (not sure what it's called, color banding or whatever) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Threads merged and moved to the display section. You can edit your post if you need to add or change anything, you don't need to post it again.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450