Memory won't go above 2133MHz

I can't seem to get my memory to go above 2133MHz, I've tried various settings but all result in BSOD when it comes to booting into Windows.  I've re-installed windows too.  I haven't tried using another OS.

I've tried enabling XMP profile and leaving that as default values, as well as manually adjusting DRAM Voltage up to 1.4V & Frequency at various steps between 2133MHz and 3200MHz.  I've also updated to the latest bios.

Memory - cmk64gx4m2e3200c16 - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x32GB

Motherboard - MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI - Bios ver. 1.40
CPU - Ryzen 3700X

The board is listed as compatible for this memory on here - https://pangoly.com/en/review/corsair-vengeance-lpx-64gb-ddr4-3200mhz-c16/compatibility/motherboard

Any ideas?
Thanks!

2 minutes ago, RbcaSky said:

I can't seem to get my memory to go above 2133MHz, I've tried various settings but all result in BSOD when it comes to booting into Windows.  I've re-installed windows too.  I haven't tried using another OS.

I've tried enabling XMP profile and leaving that as default values, as well as manually adjusting DRAM Voltage up to 1.4V & Frequency at various steps between 2133MHz and 3200MHz.  I've also updated to the latest bios.

Memory - cmk64gx4m2e3200c16 - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x32GB

Motherboard - MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI - Bios ver. 1.40
CPU - Ryzen 3700X

The board is listed as compatible for this memory on here - https://pangoly.com/en/review/corsair-vengeance-lpx-64gb-ddr4-3200mhz-c16/compatibility/motherboard

Any ideas?
Thanks!

With that much memory you are probably running your timings too tight. XMP works for my with my own memory but I know Linus has terrible luck with XMP. I'd try and see if you can set the memory to 2666mhz with 20 20 20 20 56 timings with 1.4v and see if it still boots.

High density memory is a hit and miss, especially with high frequency, try 1 stick at a time.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

@SupaKomputa Ah really, okay.. I wonder if I would have been better off saving money and buying lower frequency memory instead.

@Diamondminer11 I'll have a look at adjusting the timings, that is one thing I hadn't tried changing.

Thanks!

I am not familiar with pangoly but why do you check that instead of the motherboards QVL list directly?
here you are https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550M-MORTAR-WIFI#support-mem-19

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

58 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I am not familiar with pangoly but why do you check that instead of the motherboards QVL list directly?
here you are https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550M-MORTAR-WIFI#support-mem-19

Hmm, that's interesting.. so my RAM isn't actually on that list - there is one character difference in the part code! 😨

CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 isn't supported

CMK64GX4M2C3200C16 is supported..

2 minutes ago, RbcaSky said:

Hmm, that's interesting.. so my RAM isn't actually on that list - there is one character difference in the part code! 😨

CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 isn't supported

CMK64GX4M2C3200C16 is supported..

That usually means the primary timings and speeds are similar but it could be completely different memory modules. If you have the time and interest you can try and tune them to good timings manually. I was to lazy to do that but my XMP worked. There is a ryzen DRAM timing calculator which suggest good timings, you just have to find out what modules they are. For example Samsung B-Die or SK-Hynix CJX etc

If you do it thorougly, which will probably be a full day of tuning and testing your results will likely be better than XMP. With stocks speeds you might be leaving quite a bit of performance on the table. Just check some rzyen RAm benchmarks.

In my experience with RAM it can sometimes boot but still be unstable so you should test every time.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I tried adjusting the timings to 20 20 20 20 56 and frequency to 2400MHz.. and again, instantly BSOD as soon as Windows tries to boot. 😨

I thought about getting another motherboard but I'm struggling to find a single one that has this exact memory SN on their QVL list.. 🧐

1 minute ago, RbcaSky said:

QVL list.

That list is overrated in most cases...

I edit my posts more often than not

On 1/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, RbcaSky said:

I thought about getting another motherboard but I'm struggling to find a single one that has this exact memory SN on their QVL list.. 🧐

Differeny memory would probably be the cheaper option.

3.Use