Will the tariffs affect pricing in Europe?

Rxd

Simple question and I think I know the answer but with prices going up and down like a yo-yo I can't really be sure. Thanks in advance.

Just now, Rxd said:

Simple question and I think the answer is obvious but with prices going up and down like a yo-yo I can't really be sure. Thanks in advance.

Europe is Europe, US is US. Those tariffs apply only to US. The tariffs may affect us indirectly by manufacturers deciding to increase prices everywhere instead of just the US, but the tariffs themselves do not do anything to us directly.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

in theory no... The tariffs are US imposed against imports from certain countries. However, I wouldn't be surprised if all prices went up on hardware around the world as a result. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Europe is Europe, US is US. Those tariffs apply only to US. The tariffs may affect us indirectly by manufacturers deciding to increase prices everywhere instead of just the US, but the tariffs themselves do not do anything to us directly.

Yet the RTX 3000 series and RX 6000 series cards have suddenly gone up 100-200 EUR in the last couple of days since Asus made an announcement... An RTX 3070 now retails for about 100-150 EUR more than the 3080 MSRP

12 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Yet the RTX 3000 series and RX 6000 series cards have suddenly gone up 100-200 EUR in the last couple of days since Asus made an announcement... An RTX 3070 now retails for about 100-150 EUR more than the 3080 MSRP

Tariffs are not the only factor in pricing, which is way more complicated. Mining is still somewhat profitable. Latest gen GPUs remain in shortage. We have a worldwide situation most people currently alive have never seen before. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Tariffs are not the only factor in pricing, which is way more complicated. Mining is still somewhat profitable. Latest gen GPUs remain in shortage. We have a worldwide situation most people currently alive have never seen before. 

I laughed at a friend who asked me to build him a system 30 days ago and he had to buy a 1660ti for 330 euros, now the cheapest with more than 1 fan is 450 euros and the one he bought was good model as well, while the 450 ain't.

4 minutes ago, Rxd said:

I laughed at a friend who asked me to build him a system 30 days ago and he had to buy a 1660ti for 330 euros, now the cheapest with more than 1 fan is 450 euros and the one he bought was good model as well, while the 450 ain't.

where are you from then?

because in denmark the 1660S is still around 300€

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Rxd said:

Yeah, not a great time to get a GPU new or used. I bought a used 2080Ti in december and was questioning my sanity for doing so. Recent average on ebay is over 10% above what I paid... not a great situation.

On the flip side, I sold my excess GPUs before December when pricing hadn't took off yet. If I were to sell the same today I'd get a fair bit more. But, like most, I can't see that future that well and what's done is done.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Our retailers have not hiked the price...tho everything decent is €1000 (RTX 3070, RX 6800 XT). 3080s never even came to stock. 

Cheapest RX 6800 is €899, cheapest XT is €1015 

But I wont buy Nvidia purely because they are pushing too hard to saturate market. I think Samsug strong armed Nvidia into minimum amount deal. So Nvidia must peddle off as much silicon as possible to break even. Hence the infinite amount of Ampere silicon getting announced...