Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do Cablemod SE-Series Cables work with all SeaSonic PSUs?

I currently own a SeaSonic M12II 620 W 80+ Bronze PSU. It shipped with really ugly and bulky cables, which is why i want to swap them out for CableMod SE-Series ModFlex Basic Cables. However, after hearing some talk about the risk of using PSU Cables that are not from the manufacturer of the PSU, i wasnt sure anymore, so i checked the Compatability List on Cablemod.com. I doesn't list the M12II. Is it just not listed or incompatible? Thank you for any answers.

@CableMod should be able to confirm 😄

X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Current Rig - i7 6950X @4.2GHz w/Watercool Heatkiller IV Block - EVGA X99 Classified w/Intel AX200 - 32 GB RAM [4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4] @3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 CR2 - Nvidia 2060 Super FE w/Corsair XG7 Block - 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 + 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda in RAID1 - LG WH14NS40 Blu-ray Drive - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D Air - 360mm Hardware Labs Nemesis GTS rad + EKWB D5 pump/res and ZMT tubing - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000s + 3 Noctua iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 27UK650-W - Corsair K55 - Logitech G502 - AKG K371BT - Windows 10 Pro

Daily Devices:

MacBook Pro 15,4 - i7 4980HQ - 16GB DDR3L - Iris Pro/Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - 1TB SSD - macOS 11 Big Sur {work}  

iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB - iOS 15 Beta

The M12II is one of the few SeaSonic-branded units not actually made by SeaSonic, as I recall. It's an older design farmed out to FSP I think.

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo | ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Just now, Middcore said:

The M12II is one of the few SeaSonic-branded units not actually made by SeaSonic, as I recall. It's an older design farmed out to FSP I think.

Is the pinout different between SeaSonic and FSP?

Just now, 1715k said:

Is the pinout different between SeaSonic and FSP?

Don't know. Probably? FSP isn't on the CableMod compatibility list at all. If you can't verify compatibility, don't take the risk. 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo | ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Just now, Middcore said:

Don't know. Probably? FSP isn't on the CableMod compatibility list at all. If you can't verify compatibility, don't take the risk. 

Okay, thanks for your help.

@1715k this model we haven't actually verified unfortunately so we wouldn't be certain of the pinouts on it. As such, and as @Middcore mentioned, you shouldn't take a risk as it could be different. We do offer extensions that are cheaper and offer more universal compatibility. Definitely would recommend checking these out. :)