PC turns on but no display!

Warning500

My pc turns on and all rgb, and fans work but there is no display on my monitor through HDMI or display port. My mobo (MSI MPG z390 gaming edge ac) is new, checked the cpu, reinstalled the ram and the same thing happens! What am I missing? How can I fix it?

24 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Are you attempting to use integrated graphics or a graphics card? What are your system specs?

I’m using a graphics card, and my specs are i9-9700k, 16 gb of ddr4 ram, GeForce rtx 2070 8gb ram, psu Corsair 650w 80+ Bronze, am I missing something?

30 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Which parts?

What do u mean which parts?

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

What parts are in your machine?

Oh umm cpu: i9-9700k, gpu: GeForce rtx 2070 8gb ram: 16 gb ddr4 psu: Corsair 650w bronze rated ssd: 1 tb Samsung 970 evo hdd: 2 tb wd blue

8 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

What are you connecting the cable to, and is your monitor powered and turned on?

My monitor is turned on and powered and it is connected via hdmi and display port, I’ve tried using gpu display, also tried connecting via just hdmi and just display port

Just now, Warning500 said:

My monitor is turned on and powered and it is connected via hdmi and display port, I’ve tried using gpu display, also tried connecting via just hdmi and just display port

Are you connecting it to the GPU or the motherboard?
If so, try reseating your graphics card.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Are you connecting it to the GPU or the motherboard?
If so, try reseating your graphics card.

I’ve tried connecting to gpu or motherboard, and I have remove the gpu and setting it again

2 minutes ago, Warning500 said:

I’ve tried connecting to gpu or motherboard, and I have remove the gpu and setting it again

Try reseating your CPU and RAM.

elephants

4 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Try reseating your CPU and RAM.

I’ve done those two as well most recently the ram

Just now, Warning500 said:

I’ve done those two as well most recently the ram

Have you confirmed the monitor works?

elephants

47 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with your machine, you've done everything correct and you've connected everything properly, but I have no idea what's wrong. My best idea from now is that one of your parts was DOA. If you have some spare parts you could try to figure out what's wrong by eliminating the problem. But I know that your PSU is not at fault since your machine and peripherals lit up. 

Which of the parts do u think is most likely DOA? The gpu or the ram?

13 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Actually, I just remembered something. My friend had an issue like this and this is what worked for him: take the CMOS battery out of the board for 30 seconds and then put it back in and see if that works

According to the manual for your motherboard, your board has an MSI EZ Debug LED. If the above doesn't work, take a look at the debug LED to see if it's telling you anything

image.png.4d1cfdcbe7d54bca0bdb9b452b0a6223.png

Ok thanks will look at that when I get home 

25 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Actually, I just remembered something. My friend had an issue like this and this is what worked for him: take the CMOS battery out of the board for 30 seconds and then put it back in and see if that works

According to the manual for your motherboard, your board has an MSI EZ Debug LED. If the above doesn't work, take a look at the debug LED to see if it's telling you anything

image.png.4d1cfdcbe7d54bca0bdb9b452b0a6223.png

If that doesn’t work what part do u think is DOA?

6 hours ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I wouldn't be able to tell you, but your motherboard LEDs will give you some indication of what's gone wrong 

What do these white lights mean? Does this have to do with my pc not booting up?

image.jpg

7 hours ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I don't think the fact that it turns off means much. But I believe this means your GPU is dead, or faulty. Do you have any sort of old graphics card you could test in your system to ensure that the GPU is actually the problem? If you don't that's ok. I'd recommend returning it to where you bought it from and getting a new one. Then hopefully your new system should work properly

But wouldn’t my pc show a display when I connected the monitor to the motherboard and not the gpu if the gpu was faulty?

10 hours ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I don't think the fact that it turns off means much. But I believe this means your GPU is dead, or faulty. Do you have any sort of old graphics card you could test in your system to ensure that the GPU is actually the problem? If you don't that's ok. I'd recommend returning it to where you bought it from and getting a new one. Then hopefully your new system should work properly

So I ran it without the gpu and it worked, does that mean that the GPU is dead or faulty or that the psu does not have enough power?

Just now, lexusgamer05 said:

You'll need to remove your GPU for the integrated graphics to work

Oh nice. Yes, that means your GPU is dead/faulty. If the PSU was not able to supply it with enough power, it would just shut off if it could not sustain the load. But since you weren't using the full power of the GPU, it wasn't pulling much power.

So the gpu is useless and I need a new one?

4 hours ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Yeah, pretty much. You should be covered under your warranty though and it shouldn't be too hard to get replaced.

Wait what if the gpu lights up, wouldn’t that mean it works?