Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What PC components are gonna be affected by tariffs?

3 minutes ago, Padblaze said:

Title

Those apply only to the US AFAIK and the product categories change on a weekly basis. We import certain parts from the US and sometimes they cost more sometimes they don't. Let's wait and see...

I dont know.

Prices in the EU also spiked for mobos and GPUs hard to tell if that is due to tariffs or other supply issues.

But I am sure many companies will keep the policy of setting prices according to the USA market for North America and the EU

The tariffs are likely to be rolled back with the new administration. So I'm honestly not bothering worrying about this, and worry more about them just keeping them at higher prices once they are removed.

CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: Heckin' 1080 @2.0GHz | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL16 3200 | PSU: EVGA 750G+ | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

I remember hearing the list somewhere. Could have been WAN, or Level1 News. But start with all and cross over those which don't. You might not see the increase on some parts in few months because of stock stores and importers/warehouse might have. Its more obvious on newest stuff where stock is none or small.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, Applefreak said:

Those apply only to the US AFAIK and the product categories change on a weekly basis. We import certain parts from the US and sometimes they cost more sometimes they don't. Let's wait and see...

I think tariffs are going to apply in the UK due to the Brexit shambles.  I look forward to Scotland joining the EU block once more.

1 minute ago, eddiemcgarrigle said:

I look forward to Scotland joining the EU block once more

Me too. As far as tariffs between the EU and the UK, the situation is still very vague. Neither side has any clue or has been given clear guidelines on how to or what may be taxed in what way and what exemptions may apply or not. Currently there is a 6 months free-trade mandate in place until things can be sorted out. The only thing that has already happened are delays on the border due to added paperwork for truckers.

everything that is imported basically will get affected by the tariff expirations... not just consumer electronics, probably even the imported food you buy from the supermarket... you can check more details from the news or from official government links...

On 1/13/2021 at 6:09 PM, Applefreak said:

Except for some reason EU copies everything USA does, so things are just getting even more expensive (already) 

✪Ryzen 3600✪RTX3070✪B350✪

✪Trident Z 3600 16-16-16-36✪

✪Noctua U12S Chromax✪

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Except for some reason EU copies everything USA does, so things are just getting even more expensive (already) 

same for Canada unfortunately

On 1/13/2021 at 12:17 PM, Exidor said:

I dont know.

Prices in the EU also spiked for mobos and GPUs hard to tell if that is due to tariffs or other supply issues.

But I am sure many companies will keep the policy of setting prices according to the USA market for North America and the EU

From what I have watched on the news, the issue is a shortage of Semi conductors and other components. They have stated it started effecting other industries besides general consumer electronics. I guess car manufactures are starting to have issues getting chips. So the Tariffs will effect the price, but the issues with production and demand also effect the price. 

The tariffs shouldn't effect the EU. Though they might effect Canada if goods are ships to the US first then up North. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Me too. As far as tariffs between the EU and the UK, the situation is still very vague. Neither side has any clue or has been given clear guidelines on how to or what may be taxed in what way and what exemptions may apply or not. Currently there is a 6 months free-trade mandate in place until things can be sorted out. The only thing that has already happened are delays on the border due to added paperwork for truckers.

There are reams of added paperwork for truckers, additional holdups for food (which is destroying the fish exports), declaration papers for sending something out of (or into) Britain.  Problem is at the British side as French have been planning for this for 6 months.  British authorities gave 5 days.

Food expected to run short due to delays meaning if we can't get food sorted, what chance have we got with computer parts?