Type C header on motherboard

BunnyKraken

Hi,

I got a fractal case that has a Type C usb and MSI B550 Carbon wifi.

Im trying to connect the USB C cable from case to motherboard but I don't know in what orientation it should go since its asymmetrical. I tried to push it in the way I thought was right, but it was very tight so I didn't want to risk it.

Is there some simple picture to show in what way it's suppose to be inserted,  couldn't find with google.

Its one of those things you really do have to apply some force to get it in, some chassis(such as mine) come with angled cables, i don't know if that's the case with your chassis, but if it is, it should de connected with the cable away from the middle of the motherboard, instead of towards.

My setup with one of those is particularly shitty, because my motherboard is a bit older, and i have to use one of these:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a507abe6725e5f93ca1ba4e13a8bb6db.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

32 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just like a usb stick. It's a tight fit but it's just like how you would plug in a non usbc usb stick.

So can it be plugged the wrong way, it has a short edge on the other side, so its not asymmetrical. But I don't see in which orientation it would go in. Maybe the short side to the one that looks a little odd in the motherboard.

3 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

So can it be plugged the wrong way, it has a short edge on the other side, so its not asymmetrical. But I don't see in which orientation it would go in. Maybe the short side to the one that looks a little odd in the motherboard.

The side with exposed contacts goes against the side with exposed contacts.

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The side with exposed contacts goes against the side with exposed contacts.

It looks like this, but both sides has exposed contacts.

usb.jpg

43 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

It looks like this, but both sides has exposed contacts.

usb.jpg

I'd say youtube it as it's really just plug it in and call it quits