Help picking my new laptop

So I've been deciding to upgrade my old laptop (I mean old like since 2010) it works "normally" but doesn't respond, freezes, and other things quite often. So I made a list and narrowed it down to 2 laptops (I only do light gaming so I prefer computers that are mostly meant for personal use) which are:
 laptop 1

and

laptop 2

I would like help deciding from either laptop 1 or laptop 2 and even maybe some other laptop suggestions

Please and thank you. 

right now is probably the worst time to buy a new laptop. AMD, Intel, and Nvidia have all announced new products for laptops so new ones are coming very soon. If you can wait 1-3 months, please do so. 

there are now 2 scenarios:

1. the ones you chose right now will become cheaper and you save money

2. some laptop that is currently out of your budget will become cheaper so you can buy it. brands will discount the current laptops so they can clear stock and make space for the new ones. 

if you are unable to wait even 2 months and you really need one right now, then go for the AMD laptop (laptop 2)

Wait a month to upgrade. We're at peak CES seasons and there are a ton of new laptops being released, and old stock will drop in price quite a bit in the next month or so.

AMD one by a mile! 

first one has a HDD hybrid drive so it's not going to be snappy, light gaming will be barely possible on the igpu

second one is all SSD, better graphics so you should be able to play 900p med or 1080 low on most modern titles

IO is effectively the same for both, battery life will likely be the same or close enough, I believe the first one doesn't come with but supports certain pen input. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Side note: I actually don’t mind waiting and my budget is about 900ish dollars 

2 minutes ago, new newbie said:

Side note: I actually don’t mind waiting and my budget is about 900ish dollars 

You'll probably be able to get a 2020 Zephyrus G14 for 900ish in a month or so. What features do you need with this laptop?

35 minutes ago, new newbie said:

So I've been deciding to upgrade my old laptop (I mean old like since 2010) it works "normally" but doesn't respond, freezes, and other things quite often. So I made a list and narrowed it down to 2 laptops (I only do light gaming so I prefer computers that are mostly meant for personal use) which are:
 laptop 1

and

laptop 2

I would like help deciding from either laptop 1 or laptop 2 and even maybe some other laptop suggestions

Please and thank you. 

Out of those two options, I would definitely pick the second option, seems like a much higher spec'd, higher quality option, unless you absolutely need a convertible notebook. 

As someone mentioned above, there are a lot of new tech being revealed from CES, so it's likely that many new laptop models will be released soon. Just keep in mind that as long as you can get a unit that suits your needs and respects your budget, you don't always need to wait for the "latest and greatest".