My problem is about RAM.

SPECS:

MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 Designare

CPU - i9 9900k

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

RAM - 2x8 G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz

PSU - Seasonic Focus Plus 550w

Custom Water loop

I built this computer from brand new components about 6 months ago. Originally I had 4 sticks of identical G.Skill RAM, but pc would not post, eventually I figured out the PC would only boot with 16gb ram but no more. All sticks work perfectly, and I have tested every stick in every slot. Recently I purchased some Corsair dominator platinum ram (2X16) to see if I could achieve 32gb with 2 slots, but no go. Again it would only boot with one of the sticks in, no matter which slot. When I install more than 16gb and attempt boot, pc will light up, dram light on, then restart, and keep doing this until I kill it.

I have tried enabling XMP and setting custom RAM voltages, but maybe I haven't pushed this far enough. I really don't know what else to do now, I'm praying it isn't to do with cpu or mobo but I doubt it since all components were brand new. This is my 4th built so I am no novice but I'll admit no expert either.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

3 minutes ago, -Nicko- said:

Hi guys,  

My problem is about RAM.

SPECS:

CPU - i9 9900k

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

Custom Water loop

I built this computer from brand new components about 6 months ago. Originally I had 4 sticks of identical G.Skill RAM, but pc would not post, eventually I figured out the PC would only boot with 16gb ram but no more. All sticks work perfectly, and I have tested every stick in every slot. Recently I purchased some Corsair dominator platinum ram (2X16) to see if I could achieve 32gb with 2 slots, but no go. Again it would only boot with one of the sticks in, no matter which slot. When I install more than 16gb and attempt boot, pc will light up, dram light on, then restart, and keep doing this until I kill it.

I have tried enabling XMP and setting custom RAM voltages, but maybe I haven't pushed this far enough. I really don't know what else to do now, I'm praying it isn't to do with cpu or mobo but I doubt it since all components were brand new. This is my 4th built so I am no novice but I'll admit no expert either.

Thanks,

Nick

Have you tried using the ram sticks in another pc maybe? Just to make sure the ram slots on the MoBo or the CPU aren't the problem? 

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

10 minutes ago, -Nicko- said:

Hi guys,  

My problem is about RAM.

SPECS:

CPU - i9 9900k

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

Custom Water loop

Thanks,

Nick

Have you tried updating the BIOS? It's possible you got a motherboard with a early BIOS, which usually have some issues. It is also possible that the BIOS is slightly corrupted, so flashing the latest BIOS version might help.

9 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

Have you tried using the ram sticks in another pc maybe? Just to make sure the ram slots on the MoBo or the CPU aren't the problem? 

Hi, Yes I have tried the sticks in my housemates pc, and can confirm they are working properly.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you tried updating the BIOS? It's possible you got a motherboard with a early BIOS, which usually have some issues. It is also possible that the BIOS is slightly corrupted, so flashing the latest BIOS version might help.

Ok I will look into this, thanks.