Good CPU for a photo editor build?

So I'm helping sister build a PC for photo editing (which I know nothing about, I just build gaming rigs lol) and I'm trying to figure out what would be a good CPU for her. Someone suggested she get a 3700x but that seems like over kill, especially since I've been hearing that Photoshop doesn't really take advantage of multiple cores? it seems like she'd be better off going with Intel since they seem to do more with with one core than ryzen does? 

Also, please don't suggest something absurd like thread ripper lol that's way more than she needs

What programs is she using?

Whats the full budget?

Id probably go like 3600/10400 and 1650(reasonble amount faster the the igpu in many tasks, not really needed though.

Do you have a budget in mind? Any gaming or just photoshop? Pretty much anything can run photoshop well depdning on how you're using it. Do you know what kind of tasks she is planning on working on in photoshop?

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

I do a lot of photography and for Photoshop, RAM is the biggest factor relative to the CPU.  I have a i7 9700K CPU with 32 MB of RAM and it works just fine for everything that I do.  Most photo editing steps don't tax the CPU much.  I also use Lightroom much more than Photoshop.  If you Google Puget Systems who are a systems builder in Seattle, they have some good papers on components and their relative importance.  You can also look at some of their recommended builds that describe the parts they currently use.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

Honestly I would just go Intel simply because AMD cpus are so out of stock that the ones that are in stock are no longer a great deal. I mean you could easily get a i5 10600k and that would be more than enough for most photo editing.