10875H breaks 10k pts barrier in Cinebench R23

Hello everyone,

During my testing, I've discovered a way to trick the system to always run high power, instead of complying with integrated PL1 and PL2 limits.

System tested: Dell XPS 9700 (modified, repasted with liquid metal, cooling pad also used)

System characteristics: PL2 - 135W, PL1 75W

Warning: please don't do this to your system.. If you want this sort of performance, just get the new AMD 5000 series.

How to break PL system:

In XTU, max out the turbo power boost duration slider, disable PL2. Set PL1 to 135W -> apply

Leave window open, you'll need it during CB run.

Open and start Cinebench run. System will draw around 120W, but eventually reach Tmax and settle at around 100-103W (that's what my system can sustain). After a while (run lasts 10min), system will try to hard reset PL1 to 75W. When that happens, simply reapply XTU settings (prepare by settings power to 135.25, having cursor ready on apply button). Repeat the process if need be. If the system is allowed to draw 100W on the CPU for the whole duration of the run, it will cross the 10k pts barrier. Here's the screenshot.

351033811_Screenshot2021-01-12215920.thumb.png.6978cc154bb5a7afa76de48e81dcd98e.png

If you leave the system to run it's normal course, it'll score in the mid 9000s.

That's all I have for you. Too bad there's no undervolt support, should be possible to achieve much better results if there was a way to reduce power draw.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:54 PM, Grabhanem said:

The craziest part is that a 4800H can do this score at stock >.>

I'm 100% sure the Intel has a lot more to offer, but because we have no voltage control and multiplier control - we're severely limited in terms of adjustment. I think that all core turbo of 4.3 or even 4.4ghz is possible. But current limit is at 4.2 all cores, and with plenty high voltage. My 6700k can do 4.4ghz at 1.20v or even less, and 10875H is getting 1.25v at 4.2ghz. That's poor shotcalling by intel. I bet there's another 5-10% on the table, for less power. But Intel won't let us have it.