Samsung S20 bad battery(exynos)

Bayron

Reacently bought samsung galaxy s20(exynos) versions(because i live in eu and cant get sd version), and my battrey life is bad, my sot is 2 hours and 30 mins(not even at my end of the day) and battery left 35%, runing 120hz screen, 4g on,auto sync off, manual brightness set below medium, dark mode on. its allready learned my usage patterns.

my previous phone(poco x3 nfc) lasted me 7 hours and 30 mins regulary whit same settings and had 30-35% battery left at the end of the day.

so is my device bad or its just bad on battery?

my gf has note 20 ultra and she has normal battery life

tnx for help :)

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 af 3.2 ghz
    Cooler AMD Wraith Prism rgb
  • Motherboard
    Asrock b450m-hdv r4.0
  • RAM
    16gb g.Skill 2666MHz
  • GPU
    Inoo3d 1650 super twin x2 oc
  • Case
    Genesis titan 750
  • Storage
    Kingston a400 240gb(system)
    Seagate barracuda 2tb 7200rpm(storage)
    Samsung 1tb 7200rpm(backup) 
  • PSU
    Fsp si series 700w 50arn 88% efficiency
  • Display(s)
    Dell ultra sharp 24" 1080p
  • Cooling
    X4 Led case fans
  • Keyboard
    Redragon k552-rgb
  • Mouse
    Trust rgb gaming mouse
  • Sound
    Steelseries artic 1
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 home

Close apps you don't use, they can eat a lot from background... Is screen refreshing 120Hz all the time, there should be way to reduce that?

If you end up returning the phone, you can get something with snapdragon online... For example: https://www.cect-shop.com

24 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Close apps you don't use, they can eat a lot from background... Is screen refreshing 120Hz all the time, there should be way to reduce that?

If you end up returning the phone, you can get something with snapdragon online... For example: https://www.cect-shop.com

Apps are off, and I know I can reduce to 60hz but why should I do that? That means I can't use phone I payed for at its max🙄 and If I return it I'll probably will buy oneplus 8t, all other phones in my region comes whit sd processors except Samsung 

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 af 3.2 ghz
    Cooler AMD Wraith Prism rgb
  • Motherboard
    Asrock b450m-hdv r4.0
  • RAM
    16gb g.Skill 2666MHz
  • GPU
    Inoo3d 1650 super twin x2 oc
  • Case
    Genesis titan 750
  • Storage
    Kingston a400 240gb(system)
    Seagate barracuda 2tb 7200rpm(storage)
    Samsung 1tb 7200rpm(backup) 
  • PSU
    Fsp si series 700w 50arn 88% efficiency
  • Display(s)
    Dell ultra sharp 24" 1080p
  • Cooling
    X4 Led case fans
  • Keyboard
    Redragon k552-rgb
  • Mouse
    Trust rgb gaming mouse
  • Sound
    Steelseries artic 1
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 home

Buy a different phone.

Reviewers were talking about like 4-5 hours SoT at best~ kinda with the regular S20 (from 100% to 1%).

Your's seem a bit too low (but that would extrapolate to 3,8 hours SoT at 0%), but that can be normal if you're moving around too much (bad reception = Antennas need more power, or you switch between mobile cells too much). 

Bigger S20 models have better battery life, because they are bigger and have a bigger battery.

Exynos chips since 3 years have just very very bad battery life.

Btw: I have a Oneplus 8 Pro, and it runs at 120 Hz and 1440p resolution all the time, with auto-brightness, Dark Mode.

I never close Apps.
I also never charge it past 90-94%~, and start charging at 20-30%, and i see 6~ hours SoT regularely. From 100% to 0% i think 7-8 hours are possible, depending on Apps.
All in Wifi of course. Outside with 4G obviously a bit lower, but i think i've never managed less than 5 or 5,5~ Hours on a full battery charge.

Oneplus 8t comes with the same 120 Hz, but native 1080p Display (without HDR 10 Bit Panel), so it should last a bit longer even (or at least just as long).