I need help from someone that has the Corsair 4000D Airflow case

ismobruh

Hey,

I'm building my first PC and I want to use the Corsair 4000D Airflow case. 

I want to top mount my Deepcool Castle 280ex in the case. Corsair describes that it's compatible with 280mm radiators on the top but I'm not sure if the AIO will fit.

That is because the corsair 280mm AIO (iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX) has dimensions of: 322 × 137 × 27 mm (radiator) and 140 mm × 25 mm (fans) and I know from other sources that this AIO fits in the case. .

Deepcools dimensions: 322×138×27 mm (radiator) and 140mm x 25mm (fans).

Does the difference of 1mm make it incompatible?

I think it doesn't but I just want to be 100% sure .

The other question is if the AIO will be compatible with my RAM (I noticed that some trouble ocoured there) in the case.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard and Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz and CL16.

Thanks in advance :)

No meaningful difference. Your cooler should fit just fine. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, Analog said:

No meaningful difference. Your cooler should fit just fine. 

Okay thanks for the fast reply! :D

2 minutes ago, ismobruh said:

Okay thanks for the fast reply! :D

No problem. In general, unless we are talking about a very small form factor case, manufacturers build things with a tolerance level so that people can actually fit their stuff inside the case.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

3 minutes ago, Analog said:

No problem. In general, unless we are talking about a very small form factor case, manufacturers build things with a tolerance level so that people can actually fit their stuff inside the case.  

Thats also what I thougt but I've only seen builds in this case with top mounted Corsair AIOs so I wasn't really sure about it. Guess it's just preference. Thanks for clarification :)