Corsair H45 damage

TDnTDE

Hi guys, first post here...

Just received a Corsair H45 in the post but not very happy with it, as you can see it's quite out of shape!

I've tested it outside the system, the pump runs fine and there's no leaks, but not sure whether I trust installing it in my system though. 

Do I have fair grounds to send it back to the retailer to request a replacement, even though it seems to function as advertised?

Thanks! 

137345419_1354656848204898_1593491123911142042_n.jpg

1 minute ago, TDnTDE said:

Do I have fair grounds to send it back to the retailer to request a replacement, even though it seems to function as advertised?

yes of course, it's all bent out of shape.

I am not even sure if mounting it in the case will even be possible, isn't the screw mount in the top right kind of out of wack too?

anyways, contact where you bought it from and report the shipping damage to the product to get a replacement/refund.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 minutes ago, minibois said:

yes of course, it's all bent out of shape.

I am not even sure if mounting it in the case will even be possible, isn't the screw mount in the top right kind of out of wack too?

anyways, contact where you bought it from and report the shipping damage to the product to get a replacement/refund.

Thanks, I thought that would be the case, it is just about installable but I'd rather not take the risk, hopefully the retailer's quick with a replacement!

37 minutes ago, TDnTDE said:

Hi guys, first post here...

Just received a Corsair H45 in the post but not very happy with it, as you can see it's quite out of shape!

I've tested it outside the system, the pump runs fine and there's no leaks, but not sure whether I trust installing it in my system though. 

Thanks! 

137345419_1354656848204898_1593491123911142042_n.jpg

Send it back to be replaced. Even if it still fits, chances are it will start to leak over time and you don't want to take that chance. 

Did you get good deal on it? This is my personal opinion, but 120mm AIOs are usually waste of money. If they have some nice air coolers at same price, and you didn't pick this because of case/RAM restrictions, you will get 100% better performance from air cooler of same price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv