decent 3060ti vs worst 3070?

Cris.py

Hello,

so, in current stock and pricing issues I came across a very interesting thing. I was looking at Palit GamingPro OC 3060ti which has very strong cooling, vrm etc and is the card I am looking at. Except, now I noticed a local store has Asus dual rtx 3070 for only 3 eur more. Yes, that is a 0,5% of price increase for 3070 over 3060ti. However, Asus dual 3070 has horrible reviews. So the question is: I assume even worst 3070 would outperform 3060ti but is it really worth it long term? I already had a card with bad cooling and it died pretty quickly. Also is Asus dual a reference design? I would consider aftermarket cooling maybe.

Any advice would be helpful.

If the price difference is only €3 I wouldnt even consider that 3060ti.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Any 3070 will out perform a 3060ti and for 3euro more go for the 3070.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

If the price difference is only €3 I wouldnt even consider that 3060ti.

I think you mean the other way around...

55 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

Palit

Hmm. 

Anyways. 

56 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

However, Asus dual 3070 has horrible reviews.

What do you mean, tech jesus didn't like that a dual card doesn't clock as high as a tripe fan card or...? 

Because the reviews im reading are excellent, full of happy people lol. 

An excellent upgrade
a week ago
Not sure what the other reviewer was ranting about. To start my review, No you cannot reserve this GPU. The MC staff will give you a voucher and then you ...More
Ax10m_x97 · Reviewed on Micro Center
Great basic 3070
2 months ago
This card runs all the games and benchmarks I have thrown at it beautifully at maximum everything set to 2560x1440p on 165mhz. Generally boosting above ...More
Andrew · Reviewed on pccasegear.com
A Very Good Card
a week ago
Bought this a few weeks ago. Coming from a GTX 1070, it was a big upgrade, about double the performance in comparison. After doing a clean install of drivers beforehand, I've had no problems at all with this card since I put it in my pc. I can now play most of my games at 1440p and around 144 fps at max settings. I like the extra hdmi port that comes with this model, as I could use both a tv and my vr headset without having to purchase any extra cables. Overall, a very good card.
Reviewed on Micro Center
Phenomenal for the price
a week ago
I bought this item around 2 weeks ago and after owning it for that amount of time I’ve fallen in love with it. Not only does it look nice but it’s price to performance is unlike any other. If you don’t have enough to buy a 3080 this is second best. Highly recommend it. ALSO, get the protection on it! Micro center has by far the best protection plan. It’s the only insurance I purchase from any retail store.
rayovim · Reviewed on Micro Center
Solid 3070 GPU
a week ago
According to my testing and research, this card DOES NOT have customizable RGB. Hence why one reviewer is unable to control RGB via Aura. Overall the card is great. It's quite large for a dual fan card. When building inside the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh, I had to flip the cable management guide around to fit it in. I've never used Asus products before, but I'm a fan now.
ChrisAyyy3 · Reviewed on Micro Center
a month ago
This is just a bang for your buck! No other GPUs can beat this at this price. Especially when the max MHZ is 1755 while the MSI Ventus, which is even more expensive, is only up to 1655. The look is also really nice. If you are considering a very cheap 3 fan card, get this HIGH quality 2 fan card. Even though it is 2 fans. It is very quiet and fast and efficient. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT 200%.
EddYoungster · Reviewed on pbtech.co.nz
Make sure you buy in-store - Online was a terrible experience
2 months ago
I was able to "buy" a RTX 3070 card online yesterday at Microcenter Online. My card was authorized, and I got a receipt. An hour later, the order was ...More
Garry P · Reviewed on Micro Center
2 weeks ago
Brilliant product. The fans and cars have a lower power mode which works even when the performance mode is selected. This means under load it’ll shutdown the fans and cool the card passively. Saves on power and looks brilliant inside my case. Can handle any AAA title that’s out there now with ease.
GARY S. · Reviewed on novatech.co.uk
Great Card. Poor RGB software
a week ago
Great Card. Runs great. ASUS has terrible RGB SW. Can never connect components using their Armoury Crate. Oddly enough non ASUS components have no problem with Armoury Crate.
Kevin A · Reviewed on Micro Center
3 weeks ago
So far, so good. improvement is as expected from my older 1080. Item arrived well packaged and as described. No Geforce experience bundle included but ...More
Jon C. · Reviewed on novatech.co.uk
I'm so lucky! This is an amazing card!
2 months ago
I am so lucky to have gotten this card. I was just at the right time at the right place, day after release and I guess they cancelled a bot order. I'm just ...More
Tris · Reviewed on newegg.com
Fantastic upgrade
a week ago
I was pleasantly surprised to walk into micro center and see this. Great upgrade from my 1060. Easy 40-50 FPS increase even with my r5 1600. Glad I went ...More
bgbarth · Reviewed on Micro Center
Awesome
a month ago
Coming from a 5700 xt. Didn't realize a video card could be this quiet while spitting out high FPS. Highly recommend this card. I've had no crashing and ...More
Anonymous · Reviewed on neweggbusiness.com

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, e22big said:

I think you mean the other way around...

Nope pretty sure. 3060ti that costs €3 less than a 3070. Getting the latter is definitely the way to go.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Hmm. 

Anyways. 

What do you mean, tech jesus didn't like that a dual card doesn't clock as high as a tripe fan card or...? 

Because the reviews im reading are excellent, full of happy people lol. 

Palit? yes, they make some sweet budget cards.

Anyway, I can expect people to be happy yes, still on benchmarks it was running HOT. Anyway, I can assume I can always underclock it and still get more performance over 3060ti or get aftermarket cooler when they come out. I guess it was a bit of a dumb question from my end :) 

20 hours ago, Levent said:

Nope pretty sure. 3060ti that costs €3 less than a 3070 is just BAD deal all around.

really? I wouldn't hesitate to grab 3070 but each to their own I guess

2 hours ago, e22big said:

really? I wouldn't hesitate to grab 3070 but each to their own I guess

oops my bad, I worded that wrong. 3070 is absolutely the best one.