The TOUGHEST Ethernet cable

ColinLTT

I'm CURIOUS - why is the second word all caps?
It doesn't make sense.
Also the face Linus is making while looking at that cable...

elephants

15 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I'm CURIOUS - why is the second word all caps?
It doesn't make sense.
Also the face Linus is making while looking at that cable...

Well you certainly noticed it, so it worked lol.

two raid shadow legends ads probably the team is running low on ads

I thought to my self before video hit oh these are for production companies and makes sense

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

I thought to my self before video hit oh these are for production companies and makes sense

The connectors, standards, and methods used in this cable are nothing new. They've been used in production forever. Just seems like this is the only company to market it to a somewhat mainstream audience.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

The connectors, standards, and methods used in this cable are nothing new. They've been used in production forever.

yes working in sound makes me realize how cool connectors are

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Just seems like this is the only company to market it to a somewhat mainstream audience.

"tatical" has been over used and makes it seem cool 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 minutes ago, sub68 said:

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

The connectors, standards, and methods used in this cable are nothing new. They've been used in production forever. Just seems like this is the only company to market it to a somewhat mainstream audience.

They will never get used in production. Neutrick ethercon cost around 10 dollars for the two connectors and a decent cable is about 2 dollars a meter. So a single 1 meter (3ft) cable is around 15 dollars. Elitcore sells there 3ft cable for 50 dollars. Event networking has redundancy so if a cable gets cut or breaks theres another one for backup.

Ethercon is strong enough and elitcore stuff is price way to high. So will never get used.

How most people would end up using this:

Computer to wall plate: This cable (STP Cat6)

Wall plate to router: UTP Cat5e.

😕

3 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

They will never get used in production.

I wasn't implying that this cable will be used in production.

Just wondering, but having a solid core/strand/wire cable for a mobile/not-static installation seems like a bad idea,

just kink it in the same place multiple times and the cable might me done for?

13 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

They will never get used in production. Neutrick ethercon cost around 10 dollars for the two connectors and a decent cable is about 2 dollars a meter. So a single 1 meter (3ft) cable is around 15 dollars. Elitcore sells there 3ft cable for 50 dollars. Event networking has redundancy so if a cable gets cut or breaks theres another one for backup.

Ethercon is strong enough and elitcore stuff is price way to high. So will never get used.

They weren't saying these are going to be used in production BUT this isn't for production, this is mostly for that person with a single ethernet cable (you know like the end host) who wants to make sure their cable doesn't get smashed to bits in events.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's really sad that the like-dislike ratio suffers just because of the sponsor and the comments section is even more garbage than usual because they're not about the actual video. How many people actually don't like a video because they don't like the game in a sponsor spot that they can easily skip over?

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

They weren't saying these are going to be used in production BUT this isn't for production, this is mostly for that person with a single ethernet cable (you know like the end host) who wants to make sure their cable doesn't get smashed to bits in events.

Its cheaper to have 10 normal cables and replace it if they break then to have one "tough" cable. If a cable breaks in the event industry its mainly due to ware and tare from being set up and packed away and transported. Once set up things dont break unless something big goes wrong.

I understand the though cable wouldnt break a easily in those situations but the rate cables break in the event industry doesn't make it worth while to use tough cables.

3 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Its cheaper to have 10 normal cables and replace it if they break then to have one "tough" cable. If a cable breaks in the event industry its mainly due to ware and tare from being set up and packed away and transported. Once set up things dont break unless something big goes wrong.

I understand the though cable wouldnt break a easily in those situations but the rate cables break in the event industry doesn't make it worth while to use tough cables.

You seem to be missing the point still, there are people who don't care about money if it saves them even a bit of time in the end (even if it's perceived only). This is for high profile events and whatnot where you don't care about cost so long as things go as smooth as possible and you're willing to pay for the peace of mind, not for rando joe's gaming event.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, itswillum said:

It's really sad that the like-dislike ratio suffers just because of the sponsor and the comments section is even more garbage than usual because they're not about the actual video. How many people actually don't like a video because they don't like the game in a sponsor spot that they can easily skip over?

Do some research on how shady as fuck Raid is...advocating gambling to children is a serious no go in my books...but hey...I'm obviously not the only one who harbours that opinion....RSL should of never made an appearance on an upstanding company like LMG's videos.

3 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

RSL should of never made an appearance on an upstanding company like LMG's videos

I'd hever heard of that. I did find it a bit cheesy how it went into all sorts of details on the gameplay.

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You seem to be missing the point still, there are people who don't care about money if it saves them even a bit of time in the end (even if it's perceived only). This is for high profile events and whatnot where you don't care about cost so long as things go as smooth as possible and you're willing to pay for the peace of mind, not for rando joe's gaming event.

My first job in the events industry was repair and maintenance. I calculated failure rates of cables and cost of manufacture. With ethernet cables the failure rate was around 1% in a year. We had around ten thousand ethernet cables so I got around 100 ethernet cables in a year to repair. Most broke from being packed away poorly or getting caught in a case. The cable took about ten minuets so about £2 in man hours to make and used £5 with of connectors and and a pound a meter for wire. So a 1 meter Ethercon comes to about £10.

Every event takes spare equipment so if a cable is fault its replaced on site.
Once set up its very rare for something to break while in use.
The company I worked for is a major UK event company with a annual turn over in millions.

a unbreakable cable 10 times the price is not worth it compared to a ethercon which is strong enough and you can have multiple spares of.

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

16 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

Do some research on how shady as fuck Raid is...advocating gambling to children is a serious no go in my books...but hey...I'm obviously not the only one who harbours that opinion....RSL should of never made an appearance on an upstanding company like LMG's videos.

Or maybe, just maybe, the sponsor slot is for sale to the highest bidder? You know, like a business?

While I do not know what qualifys companies to buy a sponsor spot at LMG (other than the slot cannot be vaporware/scam and competeting product/company), I do know that to run a succesful business, you cannot shun a client, if they qualify to place an order for a sponsor slot - That would real quick sour the relationship with clients in the industry.

Furthermore, last I checked, you can ether A. Skip the ad in the video (unlike Youtubes own ads), or B. Buy a subscription on Floatplane.

EDIT: if LMG should disqualify companies with in-game purchases, there wouldn't be a lot of gaming companies left as clients.... Just FYI.

7 minutes ago, CrixD said:

Or maybe, just maybe, the sponsor slot is for sale to the highest bidder? You know, like a business?

While I do not know what qualifys companies to buy a sponsor spot at LMG (other than the slot cannot be vaporware/scam and competeting product/company), I do know that to run a succesful business, you cannot shun a client, if they qualify to place an order for a sponsor slot - That would real quick sour the relationship with clients in the industry.

Furthermore, last I checked, you can ether A. Skip the ad in the video (unlike Youtubes own ads), or B. Buy a subscription on Floatplane.

EDIT: if LMG should disqualify companies with in-game purchases, there wouldn't be a lot of gaming companies left as clients.... Just FYI.

Ummm, no, you most certainly can shun clients for a wide variety of reasons. There is a HUGE difference between in-game purchases such as Clash of Clans and Pay to Win games that add in gambling style loot boxes you're basically "forced" to buy if you want to progress in the game.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ummm, no, you most certainly can shun clients for a wide variety of reasons. There is a HUGE difference between in-game purchases such as Clash of Clans and Pay to Win games that add in gambling style loot boxes you're basically "forced" to buy if you want to progress in the game.

But then they wouldn't qualify to purchase the sponsor spot, no? In the end it is LMGs choice to decide whom to do business with, and they have deemed RSL acceptable and qulifiable.

Personally I dispise all in-game purchase games, so I am not completely without reason - That said it has been proven that you can play endgame content in RSL, without paying a dime. (I will admit that it requires unreasonable amount of time)

Lastly - Pay-to-win are a viable and acceptable business model like any other, despite what peoples feeling are on that matter.

That said, it should be regulated much more than today - I do not blame the pay-2-win developers on this (Even though it is unethical to target kids), but instead on politicians, as it should have been regulated ages ago. (looking at you EU and the US)

Just now, CrixD said:

But then they wouldn't qualify to purchase the sponsor spot, no? In the end it is LMGs choice to decide whom to do business with.

Personally I dispise all in-game purchase games, so I am not completely without reason - That said it has been proven that you can play endgame content in RSL, without paying a dime. (I will admit that it requires unreasonable amount of time)

Lastly - Pay-to-win are a viable and acceptable business model like any other, despite what peoples feeling are on that matter.

That said, it should be regulated much more than today - I do not blame the pay-2-win developers on this (Even though it is unethical to target kids), but instead on politicians, as it should have been regulated ages ago. (looking at you EU and the US)

Your initial post, at least the way I read it, made it sound like they couldn't shun clients or something, sorry if I read that wrong :)  Yes, it's 100% up to LTT who they do business with, I think part of the disagreement with a lot of people is I think (I could be wrong) there was a time when they said they would never take them as a sponsor BUT I want to emphasis I could be incorrect in my recollection of that.

Completely agree that P2W is a terrible thing and needs regulation but I don't think this topic is the best place to discuss :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: