How about a VR subforum?

Sarra

I believe that a VR subforum would make sense. Subforum to the displays forum?

Could move all Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Head Mounted Display questions, posts, suggestions, etc., to that location...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I was a bit surprised there wasn't already a subforum for it, perhaps there just aren't enough posts about VR to justify it's own subform/topic whatever it is called?

Edit: I forgot to say I would also appreciate a subforum for VR/AR, but if there isn't enough support for it that is totally understandable. 

9 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I believe that a VR subforum would make sense. Subforum to the displays forum?

Could move all Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Head Mounted Display questions, posts, suggestions, etc., to that location...

agree 100% especially with the new headsets that have come out/will come out soon and GPU that are about to be readily available...lots of em will be flying off the shelves (sort of speak)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Yeah, I was looking for some suggestions for VR... But I don't have a good GPU right now, anyway, so it's kind of pointless, I guess.

It’s been mentioned a few times in past suggestions thread asking for other sections. I believe the reason it has not happened yet is because there are not enough threads about vr to warrant an entire category. However I believe it has been said that if any other categories are added, vr would be first.

Edit: here is the most recent thread that acknowledges it

Edited by zeusthemoose

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

27 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Yeah, I was looking for some suggestions for VR... But I don't have a good GPU right now, anyway, so it's kind of pointless, I guess.

Oculus Quest 2. Unless you hate Facebook.

28 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Oculus Quest 2. Unless you hate Facebook.

Hate is actually too mild of a word. But yes, I refuse to do anything involving Facebook.

39 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

It’s been mentioned a few times in past suggestions thread asking for other sections. I believe the reason it has not happened yet is because there are not enough threads about vr to warrant an entire category. However I believe it has been said that if any other categories are added, vr would be first.

I saw the edit, just quoted a shorter bit for thread flow.

Yeah, I am not surprised... In this case, it actually seems like it would get some traffic. Eh, there's other places for info than LTT forums, but still... It seems kind of lacking. Getting a Vive or something similar is actually on my list after I get a 6800XT and a 5900X, so... Eh.

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

if you're looking for something inexpensive you can probably find used Windows Mixed Reality sets used on ebay. I used an HP one for a while and though they're beaten in every way by new or more expensive stuff like the Quest 2, Reverb G2, Index, etc. they're still much better than original Vive/Rift. The only reason I'm upgrading from mine is because I broke it stupidly and I have the money for an index.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

14 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

if you're looking for something inexpensive you can probably find used Windows Mixed Reality sets used on ebay. I used an HP one for a while and though they're beaten in every way by new or more expensive stuff like the Quest 2, Reverb G2, Index, etc. they're still much better than original Vive/Rift. The only reason I'm upgrading from mine is because I broke it stupidly and I have the money for an index.

Yeah, I've started getting back into racing games/sims, and I was hoping that a steering wheel and a Vive would improve my experience... But, again, I still need a new GPU first. 😧

VR topics can be posted to PC Gaming or Peripherals, but we've so far not seen enough topics about them to justify creating a whole subforum for them.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

VR topics can be posted to PC Gaming or Peripherals, but we've so far not seen enough topics about them to justify creating a whole subforum for them.

See, this is partly my point: Do VR topics actually belong in PC Gaming or the peripherals forums? It would make more sense to me to post about them in the display forum. And Consoles can use VR, as well as mobile being AR, so... You can make a case that a VR topic fits in most of the other forums, but then you can counter that and state it fits elsewhere.

And the main point is, I have specifically not made VR question threads multiple times in the past due to not knowing where the topic will get appropriate response or even be viewed by people interested/experienced with correct responses. 😧

57 minutes ago, Sarra said:

See, this is partly my point: Do VR topics actually belong in PC Gaming or the peripherals forums? It would make more sense to me to post about them in the display forum. And Consoles can use VR, as well as mobile being AR, so... You can make a case that a VR topic fits in most of the other forums, but then you can counter that and state it fits elsewhere.

And the main point is, I have specifically not made VR question threads multiple times in the past due to not knowing where the topic will get appropriate response or even be viewed by people interested/experienced with correct responses. 😧

Considering no one actually would use VR headset as their main display, and that most of the time its more than just the display part, Peripherals covers all hardware very nicely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Considering no one actually would use VR headset as their main display, and that most of the time its more than just the display part, Peripherals covers all hardware very nicely.

Maybe I'm just weird, but this is not intuitive for me...

Well, right-o. I'll drop my VR related questions in the peripherals forum, then.