Legit thermal grizzly kryonaut?

Go to solution Solved by goldenburd,

Heard back from thermal grizzly they said you can use the code multiple times because its a way to track if the code was used more than once.

Is this legit Kryonaut? I bought it on Amazon the certificate of origin came back as real but im still not 100% 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by goldenburd
Removed photos due to the risk of them being used for a scam

At least tell why you not 100%

Cus now im just thinking your WAY over exaggerating...

Or did you just wanna share the code with us? :)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Is the paste usually pure white uncured?

https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/

10 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

How about actually helping the guy instead of sending him on a wild goose chase?
There isn't even a color photo of the direct paste on the TG website.  Just black and white.

That being said, the Kryonaut from the 11.1 gram tubes I bought back in 2017 (from MemoryC on Amazon, authentic kryonaut) were both a strange "pale bluish-gray" color (also known as "livid").

It wouldn't surprise me if Grizzly changed the pigmentation of their paste to white, however.  Considering that Kryonaut Extreme is hot pink :)

Microcenter says the color is white.

https://www.microcenter.com/quickViewConfigurator2020/607658/performance-pcs-thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-thermal-grease----1g

So I guess they changed the pigment.  

On 1/8/2021 at 9:30 PM, Falkentyne said:

How about actually helping the guy instead of sending him on a wild goose chase?
There isn't even a color photo of the direct paste on the TG website.  Just black and white.

That being said, the Kryonaut from the 11.1 gram tubes I bought back in 2017 (from MemoryC on Amazon, authentic kryonaut) were both a strange "pale bluish-gray" color (also known as "livid").

It wouldn't surprise me if Grizzly changed the pigmentation of their paste to white, however.  Considering that Kryonaut Extreme is hot pink :)

Microcenter says the color is white.

https://www.microcenter.com/quickViewConfigurator2020/607658/performance-pcs-thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-thermal-grease----1g

So I guess they changed the pigment.  

The true reason I asked is because theres alot of fake kryonaut going around. But nah im the idiot

39 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

The true reason I asked is because theres alot of fake kryonaut going around. But nah im the idiot

Is there really? Damn, ppl will do anything to get a quick buck...
And excuse the people not knowing this, as this was news to me as well.

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Is there really? Damn ppl will do anyhting to get a quick buck... 😞
And excuse the people not knowing this, as this was news to me as well. 😉

Aswell thermal grizzly doesn't advise buying from Amazon. So idk

4 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Aswell thermal grizzly doesn't advise buying from Amazon. So idk

Might i bother you for a source, i cant find it on their main site atm.
Im interested in this, in case it would ever happen that someone with fake stuff comes here asking questions(like why it cools bad etc). 🙂

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Might i bother you for a source, i cant find it on their main site atm.
Im interested in this, in case it would ever happen that someone with fake stuff comes here asking questions(like why it cools bad etc). 🙂

https://www.vortez.net/news_story/der8auer_calls_out_fake_thermal_grizzly_kryonaut.html 

Got bad news I put the code in with another ip address and it worked. So thermal grizzlys code verification system isn't a way to be 100% sure its real.

24 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Got bad news I put the code in with another ip address and it worked. So thermal grizzlys code verification system isn't a way to be 100% sure its real.

Screenshot_20210116-162349_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-162339_Chrome.jpg

Edited by goldenburd
Added proof. Reached out to support team

6 hours ago, goldenburd said:

You realize I was referring to the guy above my post and not you, right?  I was trying to help you...

Anyway I haven't purchased Kryonaut since 2017.  I still have my 11.1 gram tube to go through, and then after that there's the Kryonaut Extreme.

I just prefer TFX now since it doesn't degrade like Kryonaut can often do on non perfect fitting heatsinks or direct dies.

So I don't know anything about the new color change.  It does look "white" in the one picture I saw of it, while the one I have looks like a metallic like blueish-gray, as I mentioned above, but the fact that they took a black and white picture of the paste on their website doesn't help matters much.

Look at this 2018 review for example.

You can see clearly the color of the paste he is spreading.

Then look at the picture on the card.  It looks "white"...

https://www.glinkster.com/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-review/

I don't know.  It's almost impossible to find actual PICTURES of the paste itself outside of the tube unless you look on some sort of build log...and I don't want to spend hours trying to keep looking.  I'm sorry.

10 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

You realize I was referring to the guy above my post and not you, right?  I was trying to help you...

Anyway I haven't purchased Kryonaut since 2017.  I still have my 11.1 gram tube to go through, and then after that there's the Kryonaut Extreme.

I just prefer TFX now since it doesn't degrade like Kryonaut can often do on non perfect fitting heatsinks or direct dies.

So I don't know anything about the new color change.  It does look "white" in the one picture I saw of it, while the one I have looks like a metallic like blueish-gray, as I mentioned above, but the fact that they took a black and white picture of the paste on their website doesn't help matters much.

Look at this 2018 review for example.

You can see clearly the color of the paste he is spreading.

Then look at the picture on the card.  It looks "white"...

https://www.glinkster.com/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-review/

I don't know.  It's almost impossible to find actual PICTURES of the paste itself outside of the tube unless you look on some sort of build log...and I don't want to spend hours trying to keep looking.  I'm sorry.

Im aware im not calling you out but this is a concern that i can use the verification code more than once. Ordered a new cpu cooler anyway so ill be using stock paste till this is fixed. Cooler master hyper 212 rgb

4 minutes ago, goldenburd said:

Im aware im not calling you out but this is a concern that i can use the verification code more than once. 

The fact that it even has a verification code slip in the box makes it pretty certain it's not counterfeit.  But obviously not 100%.

Did you try changing a single letter of the code?  I assume what you're worried about is the code being 'cloned' and then used on fake kryonaut.

I think at this point, your best bet is to contact Thermal grizzly directly and wait for instructions from them.  At this point I doubt anyone on linustechtips can help you.

4 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

The fact that it even has a verification code slip in the box makes it pretty certain it's not counterfeit.  But obviously not 100%.

Did you try changing a single letter of the code?  I assume what you're worried about is the code being 'cloned' and then used on fake kryonaut.

I think at this point, your best bet is to contact Thermal grizzly directly and wait for instructions from them.  At this point I doubt anyone on linustechtips can help you.

Already contacted them no response. I didn't change a single letter but changed my ip to see if it would stop boom it verified. I got the paste from a certified vendor so its real but at this point its a big red Flag for everyone. Its so easy to just scam now. If the codes can just be reused over and over.

Heard back from thermal grizzly they said you can use the code multiple times because its a way to track if the code was used more than once.