Amazon defective products

Coltonw023456
so i had issues with the new ryzen cpu when orderd from amazon so i had to return it a week later got the replacement works fine now so i orderd this USB hub for all my LED lights well guess what that is broken the box looks fine and everything looks fine but it wont work and nzxt said its broken cause they said it should work with my system and my game hard drive died as well at the same time so im done with amazon so now i had to return that hub and get a new one and now i have to get a new hard drive like the drive is no longer spining at all talk about bad luck dude like holy crap
and just last year i ordered a 300$ gpu from amazon and had to return it because it was broken 

is any one else having issues with defective products when ordering from amazon ?

1 minute ago, Coltonw023456 said:

is any one else having issues with defective products when ordering from amazon ?

Nope I have ordered countless times from amazon and the only issue I have had is a product getting stuck in china and never coming. Either way it was a 1 dollar prime item so its all cool.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just now, Prodigy_Smit said:

Nope I have ordered countless times from amazon and the only issue I have had is a product getting stuck in china and never coming. Either way it was a 1 dollar prime item so its all cool.

the reason im getting pissed was because my grandpa gets pissed at me because then he has to return it lol but like i said the system was working fine and then when i plugged in the hub my drive died so talk about bad luck lol 

I've had a few defects, but it's not Amazon's fault. Not like they purposefully send you bad items, it cost them money when you return something and a lot of the time, these items end up on auction by the pallet load or in the trash.

What I dislike is the fact that products are allowed to be sold as something when it really is not.

Like all the cheap bluetooth "5.0" dongle you can get on Amazon. They are either outright fake or use firmware trickery to make the PC believe they are BT 5.0, when in reality, it is just as bad as BT 4.0.

Bought this thing, it uses a realtek chip that literally doesn't exist other than for these cheap bt dongle and you need their specific drivers, that they provide, for it to work (remind me of those fake graphic cards). Range is just as bad as my old generic 4.0 dongle that I got for 3$ on ebay years prior.

Then I returned it and bought the Asus dongle instead. It was more expensive for sure, but not only is it smaller, it use a real realtek chip and actually has a MUCH greater range because it's really is a BT 5.0 dongle. Insane.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

I've had a few defects, but it's not Amazon's fault. Not like they purposefully send you bad items, it cost them money when you return something and a lot of the time, these items end up on auction by the pallet load or in the trash.

right i understand it happens but its been happing alot lol in the passed 2 weeks and i notice every time i get something thats broken its from the same warehouse 

i've been using Amazon for years and don't think ive had a faulty electronic item from them

The only time i have an issue is with the Warehouse items but i always expect something missing or wrong with them.  But they are always good and refunds and returns.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Just now, shaz2sxy said:

i've been using Amazon for years and don't think ive had a faulty electronic item from them

The only time i have an issue is with the Warehouse items but i always expect something missing or wrong with them.  But they are always good and refunds and returns.

yes they took care of it  :) so  i should be getting the replacement some time this week 

6 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

I got a dead RX 580 from Amazon. Had a fried cap that exploded when I turned the PC on, almost killed my MOBO.

i thought i killed my PC yesterday when the drive died and things were not working 

I haven't had any issues with defective products because I haven't bought anything that's not a Kindle book from Amazon in 2 years.

elephants

I remember when I used to make sure things were UL tested and listed. Now it's all the wild wild east.

wow, talk about an unlucky streak !!!

I've ordered tons of stuff from Amazon, had a few returns but nothing like this!

BTW, it's 100% just unlucky and has nothing to do with Amazon. Not saying it doesn't suck and it's not frustrating, just that you got unlucky. I got unlucky with 2 GPUs one after the other about 5 years ago, I didn't blame Nvidia or the vendor, I just got unlucky (both died a few months after the warranty ... the second one was to replace the first, so yeah, not happy but shit happen!).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

wow, talk about an unlucky streak !!!

I've ordered tons of stuff from Amazon, had a few returns but nothing like this!

BTW, it's 100% just unlucky and has nothing to do with Amazon. Not saying it doesn't suck and it's not frustrating, just that you got unlucky. I got unlucky with 2 GPUs one after the other about 5 years ago, I didn't blame Nvidia or the vendor, I just got unlucky (both died a few months after the warranty ... the second one was to replace the first, so yeah, not happy but shit happen!).

im just trying to figure out my POwer supply now it seems it dont like alot of sata devices plugged in i use like 3 led for sata cables and my power supply will turn on and turn off or unless its wrong cables because i had a older psu and the cables look the same i am trying to conntect rosewill and see were i can buy cables from but they are busy and i cant get on the phone with them

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

BTW, it's 100% just unlucky and has nothing to do with Amazon.

I had some scummy stuff with Amazon for sure... I only remember 2 instances right now but there was more... 

Bought a motherboard from warehouse deals "like new, in working order". 

Well, idk if it was in working order, I just know that all accessories whatsoever were missing, which in turn means either they do not check "like new" items or they just don't care... 

And the bummer was I had to wait 3 weeks for my money back because "warehouse deals are different" and the kicker, 

it was only 10 bucks cheaper than the actual "new" item... 

So while it could all just be a mistake, it sure felt like them trying to rip me off! 

Other thing was my last gpu (a 1070) "brand new", suspiciously cheap... half the price of all other "brand new" 1070 at the time... OK so I knew it was a bit odd, ordered anyways, card looked "brand new" except there were markings on the sn, outside the box and *inside* the box on the actual GPU as well (which was "shrink wrapped" btw) 

So I really gotta wonder what's up with that... somebody (who knows) must have opened the box, made their weird "drawings" on the gpu sn sticker and then shrink wrapped the box...  there isn't a lot of other options in my opinion... 

Also the guarantee sticker was half off... also just a tiny bit suspicious... 

The card worked btw, I didn't have the feeling it was actually "new" however and there were other oddities, like for example the evga curve tuner not working at all.

So more mysterious than scummy perhaps, but they *had* to know about the weird markings / drawings on the serial numbers, and they didn't care to mention it... 

So in my experience, they're trying a lot, and I'm sure often successful as well, at least they have a consumer friendly return policy so it's not all bad, just a bit sus. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I had some scummy stuff with Amazon for sure... I only remember 2 instances right now but there was more... 

Bought a motherboard from warehouse deals "like new, in working order". 

Well, idk if it was in working order, I just know that all accessories whatsoever were missing, which in turn means either they do not check "like new" items or they just don't care... 

And the bummer was I had to wait 3 weeks for my money back because "warehouse deals are different" and the kicker, 

it was only 10 bucks cheaper than the actual "new" item... 

So while it could all just be a mistake, it sure felt like them trying to rip me off! 

Other thing was my last gpu (a 1070) "brand new", suspiciously cheap... half the price of all other "brand new" 1070 at the time... OK so I knew it was a bit odd, ordered anyways, card looked "brand new" except there were markings on the sn, outside the box and *inside* the box on the actual GPU as well (which was "shrink wrapped" btw) 

So I really gotta wonder what's up with that... somebody (who knows) must have opened the box, made their weird "drawings" on the gpu sn sticker and then shrink wrapped the box...  there isn't a lot of other options in my opinion... 

Also the guarantee sticker was half off... also just a tiny bit suspicious... 

The card worked btw, I didn't have the feeling it was actually "new" however and there were other oddities, like for example the evga curve tuner not working at all.

So more mysterious than scummy perhaps, but they *had* to know about the weird markings / drawings on the serial numbers, and they didn't care to mention it... 

So in my experience, they're trying a lot, and I'm sure often successful as well, at least they have a consumer friendly return policy so it's not all bad, just a bit sus. 

Ah, the GTX 450 that's not.

elephants

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

*snip*

Yeah, if we're talking about 3rd party seller, then we might as well be talking about ebay. I've only bought a handful of things from 3rd party sellers. And only time I had an issue was I got the wrong product, it was annoying since I got it while it was on sale, got it AFTER the sale was over, and couldn't get an exchange, only solution was to send it back for a refund and buy the product back at regular price, the 3rd party seller gave no shits, shifted the blame to Amazon and that was it.

I did send it back and got a refund, waited for the product to go on sale again, and that's when I started avoiding 3rd party sellers when possible.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I haven't really gotten anything defective from Amazon that I've ordered so far, but I've had damaged products arrive to my house since November 2020.

First was DVDs I ordered and the DVD cases were completely broken, as well as one of the paper "Collector's" boxes. Most likely the Amazon driver put something heavy on top of the envelope shipping bag/sleeve. Getting my money back on that was a PITA as it was over a month and they did not refund me back after it arrived at their warehouse in Kentucky and sat there for weeks. Called Amazon and they refunded me after chatting with an "Agent" whom reopened the return and wanted me to send the DVDs back. 

The next item was this glass ornament that my mother wanted me to order for her as a gift for XMas for my sister. That came in a small brown Amazon box with the corner dented in and I heard rattling inside. Opened it up and the ornament was broken in its packaging. 

Overall, had to take them back to UPS to return back. When I was on my way out, I told the UPS guy they should leave shipping up to UPS as they (Amazon) don't know how to handle packages. He totally agreed and said "Leave it to the experts!!".

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I've gotten a few defective parts. Bought some Phanteks LED strips and they arrived DOA, but put in a request and got some new ones without problems. Also had some faulty extension cables, but I just requested a return for those. Both times though, everything was hassle free on exchange/return. 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Yeah, if we're talking about 3rd party seller, then we might as well be talking about ebay.

Both items were sold by Amazon however. 

The thing with the gpu was really weird tho... I mean, why was it only half price? which makes me think they knew it was somehow tinkered with. 🤔

7 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Ah, the GTX 450 that's not.

I did some benchmarks, it was pretty much what you'd expect from a 1070... but like I said there were other oddities with it as well. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

30 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Both items were sold by Amazon however. 

The thing with the gpu was really weird tho... I mean, why was it only half price? which makes me think they knew it was somehow tinkered with. 🤔

I did some benchmarks, it was pretty much what you'd expect from a 1070... but like I said there were other oddities with it as well. 

this ware house i notice every time it comes from this warehouse i have issues with anything i order if it comes from this warehouse EPzjCVVj9ZQvnJSeoNfbIPgEdKTsj6EL1mLUegIbXl8hzbvtBz6K-tPz2ev9ZB0biMeDMT-Q3goMRwDo2U_VvvPrSfsmvC6I-mBpSsgBL3rcLtBy5n80GQWtIgfpudTeFltQ7pR9-iNPSjFy9hFA-C5HiyMEPcCgG0J2fWjvlae9TOlFMhEjvpTtlp87R0o0Xo015ucghFd6W1KtT2b8obqx1pJQC-zsMI9URFK8ygmvURyDF5mP-PXyKihIA0dEv5VDMOhQkLSdCNYp8yNnqXKm7HzvMX9gKMFO_caMJUX5DjStQpndX-FDFXpB6emvTINKNzV8nDjWWl9-CQ9Qc8phpflLXevaX67RurDOt-pZ79zPN6jmXu_XcPkjRmCx7873Lo-qy1MSaYEI2Q1lJdR-fr8iXLNqotXmlE8bqV02hjcq2iI-eI1_PGkO2lheKLSA0XpP5OV8yQDk407FHZVV8tNlx5JrLrGXxSRRwnpJdlFGjo9ngDz10Bb1ZVDMFFCBkQ-ASl1dDl7c6wGyS5uBgnMFV5uvonuMrnyElsuLaMVJiAgwJSX06v1MTHjLMrhjTSBVjRkyeqBaX1S95CVe69xfsQtwwuJF_ZvmUj6snCHKoGrCVVvRPnDn78VUb2gilfFfyjf6ZNxMW6jYkX4vau7Ehrax6zKd4SSvZd4K0veLSF9R3Jgy4s2S=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

Ive never had problems. sometimes the box had light damage, but the products have never had any exterior or interior problems.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Not that you're doing anything wrong, but Amazon is going to ban your account soon if you keep returning electronics like that. They have an invisible cap on returns (that scales with your purchases) that once you pass, your address gets permanently banned including anyone else living there. Basically, when you become an unprofitable customer, regardless if it's not your fault, they drop the hammer.

For this reason I never buy electronics from Amazon. Or if I do, it's only cheap stuff like cables and accessories. I'd keep your bigger ticket electronic orders on other sites.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Ive never had problems. sometimes the box had light damage, but the products have never had any exterior or interior problems.

i never had a box damaged the box and everything would be fine its just something i guess would be broken and my gpu i got had so bad coil whine like soooo bad 

1 hour ago, Coltonw023456 said:

i never had a box damaged the box and everything would be fine its just something i guess would be broken and my gpu i got had so bad coil whine like soooo bad 

Well that's not Amazon's fault or even the PCB manufacturer s fault that's the components fault

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:
so i had issues with the new ryzen cpu when orderd from amazon so i had to return it a week later got the replacement works fine now so i orderd this USB hub for all my LED lights well guess what that is broken the box looks fine and everything looks fine but it wont work and nzxt said its broken cause they said it should work with my system and my game hard drive died as well at the same time so im done with amazon so now i had to return that hub and get a new one and now i have to get a new hard drive like the drive is no longer spining at all talk about bad luck dude like holy crap
and just last year i ordered a 300$ gpu from amazon and had to return it because it was broken 

Holy lack of punctuation, Batman!!!!