New M.2 prevents me from booting with normal boot priority.

Blixed!

I just got a new m.2 ssd for christmas, but when I put it in my pc it took me straight to bios. I can try to boot as many times as I like, it always takes me to bios. When I remove the M.2 it goes through normal boot priority and takes me straight into windows with  no issue. I was all over my bios boot page trying to figure out why to no avail. What can I do to have the ssd installed AND get it to follow boot priority?

no OS is installed on the m.2

(on some motherboards) press f11 and select the old drive with windows on it

otherwise

go to bios and navigate to startup (forget exactly what its called) edit the priority drive to be your old one.

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

Very weird update: the SATA Information onlly dislays my main 120 gb boot drive and no other drive installed (i have 4 including the m.2) Windows detects these drives and that's where I store all my games. When in the boot menu it detects what I believe is the m.2 (because it's 1tb) and my main boot drive. This is super confusing. How can windows detect a drive but bios can't.

2 minutes ago, richodude said:

no OS is installed on the m.2

(on some motherboards) press f11 and select the old drive with windows on it

otherwise

go to bios and navigate to startup (forget exactly what its called) edit the priority drive to be your old one.

I totally understand that, I want to use the m.2 as a storage drive, I already have a drive with an OS on it. When the M.2 is installed I can't boot into windows even manually, but when I remove the M.2 it boots with my main windows drive automatically.