MSI aegis 3 what is the highest cpu it can be upgraded too?

Mitzy

MSI aegist 3 what is the highest cpu you can put in this pc?

Can you tell what motherboard is in the system? There's different generations of Aegis 3 desktops. If you don't know off the top of your head, try looking under the motherboard tab in HWiNFO.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 hour ago, bellabichon said:

Can you tell what motherboard is in the system? There's different generations of Aegis 3 desktops. If you don't know off the top of your head, try looking under the motherboard tab in HWiNFO.

Some itx Msi motherboard with a i5 7400 

2 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Some itx Msi motherboard with a i5 7400 

I'm going to need to know the chipset to tell you what CPUs are compatible. Easiest way is to download HWiNFO and share a screenshot of the Motherboard tab. Here's what it looks like on my system:

Capture.PNG

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

I'm going to need to know the chipset to tell you what CPUs are compatible. Easiest way is to download HWiNFO and share a screenshot of the Motherboard tab. Here's what it looks like on my system:

Capture.PNG

Could you ellaborate more on a chipset I remeber it being some b3 something motherboard I think by msi

10 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Could you ellaborate more on a chipset I remeber it being some b3 something motherboard I think by msi

A "chipset" is the term for all the logic on the motherboard that facilitates the transfer of data between the CPU, motherboard, and other system components. For me to be able to tell you what the most powerful CPU you can put in your system is, I'm going to need to know the chipset. The easiest way to figure out the chipset is to download HWiNFO (it's free!), navigate to the Motherboard tab on the left-hand side, take a screenshot of what it says there, and send it in this thread. 

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

18 hours ago, bellabichon said:

A "chipset" is the term for all the logic on the motherboard that facilitates the transfer of data between the CPU, motherboard, and other system components. For me to be able to tell you what the most powerful CPU you can put in your system is, I'm going to need to know the chipset. The easiest way to figure out the chipset is to download HWiNFO (it's free!), navigate to the Motherboard tab on the left-hand side, take a screenshot of what it says there, and send it in this thread. 

MSI b250 Msi-b9071 is the chipset do you know what the max cpu i can upgrade to with this mobo?

3 hours ago, Mitzy said:

MSI b250 Msi-b9071 is the chipset do you know what the max cpu i can upgrade to with this mobo?

That motherboard doesn't support overclocking, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to get a K-series CPU (unless you want slightly higher base clocks.) The most powerful one you can get is the Core i7 7700. 

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

2 hours ago, bellabichon said:

That motherboard doesn't support overclocking, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to get a K-series CPU (unless you want slightly higher base clocks.) The most powerful one you can get is the Core i7 7700. 

Ah ok thank you very much