Just upgraded PC. Certain games resetting the entire computer on launch.

Hi. After upgrading my computer today, when starting certain demanding games such as Rust or Ark (which I could run fine on old setup), they either reset the PC on startup or about ~5 mins in if I let them load up unfocused.
Old Specs:

Asus z270e gaming mobo
i7 7700k
3x8gb sticks of 2400mhz corsair vengeance ram
evga geforce gtx 1070
corsair h100i v2 aio
corsair 750w 80+ gold certified 

2 500gb sata ssds and some crappy old 2tb hdd (games are on the same ssd as windows)

Upgraded Specs:
Asus x570 tuf gaming
Ryzen 5 5600x
2 2x8 (for a total of 4) sticks of 3600 gskill trident z neo ram

I had no problems with these games on my old setup and when the PC resets the screens go black, the rgb stays on, and the pc turns on by itself (motherboard logo shows then windows)
I already tried reinstalling the games, and running the windows memory test(no errors reported) and nothing changed

Just now, TylerDurden! said:

did you reinstall windows? or did you just take your drive and stick it in your new setup?

No I tried upgrading it but I have not attempted a fresh install

10 minutes ago, lizal said:

Hi. After upgrading my computer today, when starting certain demanding games such as Rust or Ark (which I could run fine on old setup), they either reset the PC on startup or about ~5 mins in if I let them load up unfocused.
Old Specs:

Asus z270e gaming mobo
i7 7700k
3x8gb sticks of 2400mhz corsair vengeance ram
evga geforce gtx 1070
corsair h100i v2 aio
corsair 750w 80+ gold certified 

2 500gb sata ssds and some crappy old 2tb hdd (games are on the same ssd as windows)

Upgraded Specs:
Asus x570 tuf gaming
Ryzen 5 5600x
2 2x8 (for a total of 4) sticks of 3600 gskill trident z neo ram

I had no problems with these games on my old setup and when the PC resets the screens go black, the rgb stays on, and the pc turns on by itself (motherboard logo shows then windows)
I already tried reinstalling the games, and running the windows memory test(no errors reported) and nothing changed

make sure temps are good. core temp is good for cpu youll have to find one for your gpu by the manufacturer

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

Just now, richodude said:

make sure temps are good. core temp is good for cpu youll have to find one for your gpu by the manufacturer

temps have been fine, I can even run cyberpunk 2077 and many other games with no pc crash but these games wont play without crash for some reason

1 minute ago, TylerDurden! said:

save yourself some time, goto MS, download the new ISO, do a nice and new clean install. 

is it fine to do it by flash drive?

Just now, lizal said:

is it fine to do it by flash drive?

That is what they meant I think as doing it with an iso is just an extra step :p. Doing a whole motherboard platform swap always reinstall.

Just now, jaslion said:

That is what they meant I think as doing it with an iso is just an extra step :p. Doing a whole motherboard platform swap always reinstall.

aye aye captain

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

1 hour ago, TylerDurden! said:

save yourself some time, goto MS, download the new ISO, do a nice and new clean install. 

Reinstalled windows completely. Still no change

10 minutes ago, lizal said:

Still no change

ok, so you formatted the drive you were going to install windows on, then you installed windows.  I assume you also installed your MB drivers, chipset, audio, etc...  Then you reinstalled your game(s) or at least one of them and attempted to load the game.  Then your computer just resets?

1 minute ago, TylerDurden! said:

ok, so you formatted the drive you were going to install windows on, then you installed windows.  I assume you also installed your MB drivers, chipset, audio, etc...  Then you reinstalled your game(s) or at least one of them and attempted to load the game.  Then your computer just resets?

yes this is the problem.

55 minutes ago, lizal said:

yes this is the problem.

Check temps. Might be doing a thermal shutdown. How did you mount the h100? Ryzen wasn't out then so it shouldn't have mounting hardware.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Check temps. Might be doing a thermal shutdown. How did you mount the h100? Ryzen wasn't out then so it shouldn't have mounting hardware.

temps are nice and cool, h100i v2 is mounted with a mount i purchased from corsair