Switch modders find evidence of a Switch Pro in the latest Switch update, 4K in docked mode a possibility

Master Disaster
Just now, Stahlmann said:

Also just because it's an NVIDIA SOC doesn't mean it supports DLSS. It needs the dedicated tensor cores to do that.

Nvidia has SOCs with tensor cores,for example the Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Let's hope the screen to body ratio will be much higher this time, I really do not like the thick ipad 1 like borders.

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

dont care about 4k. give me locked 1080p@60 any day

Lol i guess i've been playing games on PC too long. I didn't even know that locked 1080p 60Hz was not yet a thing :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4K yeah right.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Even if true I would rather take more effects over more pixels. 

4K is a waste of resources. 

The switch is definitely underpowered right now. We notice stuttering in Animal Crossing when there are too many objects in a scene. A 4K capable variant should be able to handle games better. 

On 1/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, TetraSky said:

I always thought it was strange, that the dock didn't have anything special in it. They could've made the switch so much better to when docked.

Here's hoping they don't really play around with the screen on the switch itself. No point putting a 4k screen on that, would just drain the battery faster.

There really is not really much the dock could do. The connection is USB based, not Thunderbolt, so its not like you could have a Docked GPU.
The Switch does overclock it's self a bit when docked but thats mostly because its now connected to a power source rather then relying on a battery.

Part of me doubts a new switch would really even render any game in 4K. (Maybe a couple of non graphically intensive games). If anything I think its more likely to get a Switch that just simply outputs a 4K/60fps upscaled signal of some sort - If its Nvidia's DLSS that be nice, that would call for an upgrade to the SOC. And I can picture Nvidia designing a new SOC, and wanting the "Switch Pro" as the premier user of it.

8 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

The switch is definitely underpowered right now. We notice stuttering in Animal Crossing when there are too many objects in a scene. A 4K capable variant should be able to handle games better. 

I mean Switch was underpowered 4 years ago when it came out. I just hope it can run Shin Megami Tensei V without big frame drops. I'll be pissed if I have to buy "New" Nintendo Switch to get acceptable performance since that game was the main reason I even bought the system.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:32 AM, That Franc said:

Unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo uses Nvidia chips, and Nvidia has DLSS now. 720p upscaled to 4k through DLSS might actually look very decent.

$850 Switch anyone? How about 20 minute battery life?