i5-10400f vs Ryzen 3 3300x

Help me decide between a ryzen 3 3300x and an i5-10400f. If u need to know the ryzen 3 is 20 dollars more. Which one gives me better performance for longer time. Hopefully 3 to 5 years. Dont hold back on recommending other cpu's that outperform these 2 and around the same price.

The 10400f is the better one out of these 2. Now and in the long run.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The 10400f is the better one out of these 2. Now and in the long run.

Noted, are there other cpu's i should look out for at the same price range, 150 dollars max

Just now, Harvind20 said:

Noted, are there other cpu's i should look out for at the same price range, 150 dollars max

With the current market, the 10400f is as good as it gets in this price range.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

The 10400f is the better option. If you live near a microcenter I would recommend looking into a 9700k. It might be a little more but you’ll save money on the older motherboard. 

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

The 10400f is the better option. If you live near a microcenter I would recommend looking into a 9700k. It might be a little more but you’ll save money on the older motherboard. 

I live in malaysia, there are no microcenters. I wish they were here.

13 hours ago, Sorenson said:

Its not a little more, i just checked and its more than twice the price

2 hours ago, Harvind20 said:

Its not a little more, i just checked and its more than twice the price

Yea that’s not worth it. You can get the CPU and a motherboard combo in the states for only about $50 more than the i5.

while the Intel CPU has slightly better performance overall the big question is what you wanna use this system for and what the other components are.

With an Intel system you will buy basically a dead platform that has reached its end of life and the 10000 series is for now the fastest you can get with the new CPU coming a bit later but they are not expected to be a huge leap in performance.

Also the intel system will limit you to PCI-E 3.0 if thats important to you.

With an AMD system this CPU will be slightly slower but the CPU comes with a better cooler and the platforms you can buy today already support PCI-E 4.0 

If that is of any importance for you it might be a good idea to still consider AMD here.

26 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

With an Intel system you will buy basically a dead platform that has reached its end of life

I find this extremely ironic considering that AM4 is actually dead-end and LGA1200 still has Rocket Lake to go, but I understand where you're coming from.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Pooky said:

I find this extremely ironic considering that AM4 is actually dead-end and LGA1200 still has Rocket Lake to go, but I understand where you're coming from.

Cheers

the difference is we may know AM4 is gonna get no new CPU´s but we know the upgrade path he would have will give him a huge performance boost and allows for up to 16 CPU cores and PCI-E 4.0

With the Intel platform we also know there is exactly one more CPU generation to upgrade to but the performance is not expected to be a huge leap forward and the majority of motherboards especially at the lower end doesnt allow for PCI-E 4.0 at all.