I9 9900KF drawing a LOT of voltage

ninja ride123
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
3 minutes ago, ninja ride123 said:

Umm i cant find vcore( i am a noob)

and thats when i am just browsing but when i am playing it gets to 90c

where is vcore

That program you're using might not show it. Download either CPU-Z or HWInfo64 and you'll find it there. HWInfo is usually a better all-around monitoring SW anyways.

As far as temps, 90 C is a bit high. Please provide some info about your cooling solution, case, and fans.

Hello! I dont know what to do i have a i9 9900KF and when turbo boost is on I am seeing 1.43 - 1.49 volts  everything stock! I dont know what to do I have reealy bad temps too!

Mb b360 pro gaming TUF

PLEASE I NEED HELP!

Untitled.png

Look at vcore, not VID.

Your temps are also fine. On the high side, but not high enough to get really worried about.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

6 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Look at vcore, not VID.

Your temps are also fine. On the high side, but not high enough to get really worried about.

where is vcore

3 minutes ago, ninja ride123 said:

where is vcore

That program you're using might not show it. Download either CPU-Z or HWInfo64 and you'll find it there. HWInfo is usually a better all-around monitoring SW anyways.

As far as temps, 90 C is a bit high. Please provide some info about your cooling solution, case, and fans.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

opened hwmonitor got vcore 1.2 average , max 1.392v is it ok?

8 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

and cooling sry did not see corsair h100x mounted in front!  and 1 fan at back

5 minutes ago, ninja ride123 said:

and 1.392 when stress testing for a few sec just to see

On the high side, but it's probably totally normal for auto voltage on the chip/board. Auto will usually push more than is necessary.

You can either undervolt the CPU or upgrade your cooling solution to deal with the temps.

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

On the high side, but it's probably totally normal for auto voltage on the chip/board. Auto will usually push more than is necessary.

You can either undervolt the CPU or upgrade your cooling solution to deal with the temps.

yes i really thinked about undervolting cpu! but when i want to try the option in XTU is locked

5 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

nvm not jumping 83 celsius and average 70c is it safe?

11 minutes ago, ninja ride123 said:

yes i really thinked about undervolting cpu! but when i want to try the option in XTU is locked

Use the BIOS

4 minutes ago, ninja ride123 said:

nvm not jumping 83 celsius and average 70c is it safe?

Yes, that's safe.