• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys
i recently got this 
masterliquid ml120rs
msi z97 gaming 5
16 gigs of ram

the only reason i got the cooler for is the fact the my case are small and will not fit a 240 mm it's corsair carbide spec-03 it's has a good cooling with 2 x 140 mm fans in the front but damn small enough that i had trouble installing my cooler with it's stiff tubes currently i'm on a tight budget so can't afford to replace it 
and i was wondering about a few things i did my testing on aida64 ,cinabench r15 and occt and got these results with turbo boost off
aida64 stress test CPU only for 30 mins heat was 56c and dropped to 35c right after i stopped it 
cinabench r15 mluticore heat was 64c and single core between 48c and 54c
please not that i run cinabench r15 test right after adia64 there was no pause 
are these temps normal?
after that i did ocgene overclock by pushing the button in the bios i know it's not the best way to overclock but it was just for testing i got 4.4 ghz and run cinabench multicore test and i got 73c with max of 74c 
then i restored the overclock turned on turbo boost along with enhanced boost on and run cinabench r15 i got bsod and couldn't finish any test so i turned enhanced boost off and left turbo boost on and run aida64 for 10 mins the clocks dropped to 4.18 ghz 58c with max of 60c then i decided to use occt run for 10 min with large data set 4.18 ghz 78c with max of 80 ,i did not in any test change the fan or pump speeds at all and i sat the fan speeds in bios to smart fan but not the pump
again are these temps normal ?

do i have a bad CPU? or mobo?
is the CPU cooler able to handle the CPU heat efficiently ?
we are in Africa so it gets very hot in the summer will the CPU cooler be able to handle the heat?

what's the point of enhanced boost ?Ln2 only?

what can i do to improve my CPU temps? 

4.4 GHz is the default boost clock of the 4790k. It can run on that w/o any problems or overclock. A 240mm AIO is total overkill for this cpu. Any decent air cooler is more than enough to run this cpu on 4.4 GHz all the time. I did the same with mine for 6+ years. The temps you posted are more than fine, there is still headroom. There is no nead to improve cpu temps at all at this point

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 5950x | 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz | XFX Reference 6800 XT | MSI Unify X570 | Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

Server: Ryzen 5 3600 | 4x32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz | Asrock Rack X470D4U | Samsung EVO Plus 250GB, 6x Seagate Exos 8TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB | bequiet 550W Straight Power 11

3 minutes ago, Khaled ElSaiad said:

then i restored the overclock turned on turbo boost along with enhanced boost on and run cinabench r15 i got bsod

I'm pretty sure Enhanced Turbo Boost is when all cores are set to one frequency. That is most likely why it crashed, perhaps too low voltage going to the cores. Overall, keep this option disabled. 

4 minutes ago, Khaled ElSaiad said:

i got 4.4 ghz and run cinabench multicore test and i got 73c with max of 74c 

Its seems good but depends on the voltage. You can probably manually tune it by dropping the voltages to lower heat before crashing at 4.4GHz. 

Overall, your CPU temps are looking fine and will most likely benefit more from manually tuning an overclock on this processor. I was able to get 4.7GHz with a Noctua NH-D15 and temps were very good (in the 60s). 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List || CPU Cooler Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Community Standards 

Black Mesa Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

temperatures will be higher than expected because the TIM under the heatspreader of the CPU will be dried out to hell by this point. just the way it is, i run a 4790k myself in one of my systems and the paste was crusty as hell when i finally got around to delidding it

if you want to drop your temps then you'll have to delid at this point but your cpu is running normally. forget about the board's onboard OC functions and crap like that, try 4.6GHz at 1.275v and see how your temps are. Even 80c or so isn't the end of the world for these chips.

get money, acquire catboys, fold proteins

systems:

Spoiler

Main - Zenith.
R9 3900x 4.25GHz All-Core // X570 Aorus Ultra // 32GB Predator 3200MHz // 3090 FTW3 Ultra // Meshify 2 White

TV / Folding / VR machine - The Hiss.

R5 5600 4.7GHz All-Core // B550-F // 16GB Crucial DDR4 3200MHz // 2080Ti Lightning Z // Meshify S2 White/Black (Foam Filter Delete)

Laptop / 3D Printer Driver/Workstation

i7-8750H // Asus FX705GM // 32GB 2400MHz // 1060 6GB

3 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

temperatures will be higher than expected because the TIM under the heatspreader of the CPU will be dried out to hell by this point. just the way it is, i run a 4790k myself in one of my systems

if you want to drop your temps then you'll have to delid at this point but your cpu is running normally. forget about the board's onboard OC functions and crap like that, try 4.6GHz at 1.275v and see how your temps are. Even 80c or so isn't the end of the world for these chips.

i can't delid my cpu cause i don't have any tools for it and there isn't anyone here selling it or doing it and i never do any overclock but i'm willing to try to see the temps if you showed me how the mobo is confusing for me unlike asus mobos

i can't delid my cpu cause i don't have any tools for it and there isn't anyone here selling it or doing it and i never do any overclock but i'm willing to try to see the temps if you showed me how the mobo is confusing for me unlike asus mobos

Fresh thermal paste is probably the only requirement here, if any. Definitely wouldn't need to delid.

Bit I do highly recommend an overclock, with such a large cooler

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'm pretty sure Enhanced Turbo Boost is when all cores are set to one frequency. That is most likely why it crashed, perhaps too low voltage going to the cores. Overall, keep this option disabled. 

Its seems good but depends on the voltage. You can probably manually tune it by dropping the voltages to lower heat before crashing at 4.4GHz. 

Overall, your CPU temps are looking fine and will most likely benefit more from manually tuning an overclock on this processor. I was able to get 4.7GHz with a Noctua NH-D15 and temps were very good (in the 60s). 

Noctua !! they are rare gems here for very high prices and i didn't crash at 4.4 with Enhanced Turbo Boost off but the speeds dropped to 4.18 i have no idea how to manually tuning the voltage the mobo wouldn't let me do it there is something i suppose to flip but i don't know what it is

1 minute ago, Khaled ElSaiad said:

Noctua !! they are rare gems here for very high prices and i didn't crash at 4.4 with Enhanced Turbo Boost off but the speeds dropped to 4.18 i have no idea how to manually tuning the voltage the mobo wouldn't let me do it there is something i suppose to flip but i don't know what it is

Check for an advanced/expert mode for CPU settings and to switch from [Auto{] to [Manual] controls. If you have the motherboard's manual, it will provide more information in there on what settings there are in BIOS to adjust voltages for the CPU. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List || CPU Cooler Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Community Standards 

Black Mesa Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Fresh thermal paste is probably the only requirement here, if any. Definitely wouldn't need to delid.

Bit I do highly recommend an overclock, with such a large cooler

it is a fresh thermal paste ARCTIC MX-4  couldn't find anything better

it is a fresh thermal paste ARCTIC MX-4  couldn't find anything better

Then I'd say you're set. But the choice to buy such an expensive cooler on such a right budget, you should definitely watch an overclocking guide to make the absolute most of your current rig.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

thanks for the replays guys and help but the question remains will it survive the hot summer of Africa or not?

thanks for the replays guys and help but the question remains will it survive the hot summer of Africa or not?

how tf did you get it africa, anyway if its a aced house yes

13 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

how tf did you get it africa, anyway if its a aced house yes

i were born there it sucks but it is what it is

i were born there it sucks but it is what it is

i mean its north egypt youll be fine with good ac

yeah it's north egypt and no i don't have ac too expensive for me 😭