HP Support/Dealings with a 2019 Spectre x360 (15-df1010na) ...

I've posted before about thermal and sleep issues with my HP spectre x360 (15-df1010na) - This is more sharing my experience with UK HP's support/repair. The £2k laptop is about to be sent off for the 5th today in a year...

At idle (clean install and just had AIDA open logging with 0-10% CPU usage), the laptop will idle at 70-80C with the fans inaudible majority of the time, AIDA reports throttling at the slightest increase in usage. Running a stress test it goes to ~100C for a while before the fans kicks in and settles to 80-90C, for a stress test this isn't something unexpected other than the time it takes for the fans to spin up.

Regarding the issues with sleep, well the laptop isn't sleeping, every 10-15 seconds the power and mute LED will irregularly flash for a couple seconds then go back to normal. Sleep issues + overheating + metal chassis = near untouchably hot laptop if I leave it to 'sleep' for a while, also means that I don't want to put it to sleep and put it in a bag. The LED behaviour was fixed with repair #4 but it still gets incredibly hot to the touch while it is sleeping (fans don't spin at all during sleep)

Repair history:

1. Electrical (short?) in a thunderbolt port - fixed without issue
  2. Thermal issue - reset my laptop and sent it back to me, obviously didn't work
  3. Thermal issue & sleep issue - Replaced heatsink, makes more sense but if the fan firmware/curve isn't working a new heatsink isn't going to do more
  4. Thermal & sleep issue - Replace motherboard, slightly fixed the sleep issue but created another issue.
  5. Thermal, sleep and SKU issue - ? We shall see

With the 4th repair, laptop now thinks it is a different SKU than what it is (now apparently 15-df0002na which is an older model), which messes up HP's autodetect stuff for BIOS and other downloads.

I asked what the possibility is for a replacement/refund and I've been told if repair #5 doesn't fix the issues then I can escalate it and get an "alternative solution", what that means I'm not sure.

To be fair to the repair team, I got the laptop back within a week of sending it off each time, but that is still over a month in a year of not having a laptop in a year as a university student and someone who is starting a business.

Wondering if these issues have been come across by anyone else with spectres (especially this model)?

my laptop also pews to 100c, its because of the intake at bottom, you practicly have to have have the laptop on table, its just like that