Prices For Various PC Components Have Just Gotten More Expensive/Are Expected to Get More Expensive in the US Due to Tariffs

Random_Person1234
On 1/10/2021 at 2:26 AM, Donut417 said:

They do know or have an idea. It just if its not happening in their backyard they dont care. All the average consumer cares about is availability and price. Outside of that they dont care how its produced, who produced it and the costs associated with production. 

You give most consumers way too much credit. Most don't have a clue,, in fact even today i bet most people can't guess where somthing is made without looking at the labelling info about that.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:46 AM, Random_Person1234 said:

After the United States placed tariffs on Chinese goods in 2018

On 1/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, Donut417 said:

As far as the tariffs go it depends on the new administration.

Disclaimer: This reply contains a political statement, but is in no way designed to elicit political discussion or response. It is a statement of fact, with evidence, on the tariffs levied against imported goods from China, which attempts only to answer the OPs original question about whether the prices of computer components will stay high in the US. Any moderator please remove if this violates the "no-politics" rule.

It is likely that the tariffs will stay around, at least for some weeks or months.

Biden, who takes office in 9 days from now, says that he has no intention of immediately removing those tariffs, and instead plans to review them first. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/biden-tells-nyt-columnist-he-wont-immediately-remove-trumps-tariffs-on-china.html

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

10 hours ago, CarlBar said:

You give most consumers way too much credit. Most don't have a clue,, in fact even today i bet most people can't guess where somthing is made without looking at the labelling info about that.

Hell even labeling can be highly deceptive i.e "Assembled in [country]" gets mistaken by many as made in, different thing.

can confirm, also in EU it's happening! 

G_20210112_2021456.gif.71e4b59fdbf1361ba8c8a8e568617809.gif

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 months later...

Even in Italy prices are messed up. Stuff like the GTX1050ti which costed way less before now it costs a lot 

The price for GPUs is set based on ROI per price of the coin and expense of electricity costs.

If Crypto goes goes up to a million bucks a coin, then a GPU could be worth more than a Toyota Lexus. So be it.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, leadeater said:

Hell even labeling can be highly deceptive i.e "Assembled in [country]" gets mistaken by many as made in, different thing.

Our 4th of July is especially ironic given the patriotism. Where were those fireworks made? What's that next to all those little tiny flag? "Made in (anywhere but US)"

3 hours ago, Keikoszzz said:

Even in Italy prices are messed up. Stuff like the GTX1050ti which costed way less before now it costs a lot 

Way to necro

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, StDragon said:

The price for GPUs is set based on ROI per price of the coin and expense of electricity costs.

If Crypto goes goes up to a million bucks a coin, then a GPU could be worth more than a Toyota Lexus. So be it.

I'm only agreeing because I have 1050ti (gaming x) to sell... ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

I'm only agreeing because I have 1050ti (gaming x) to sell... ~

I would gladly sell my 2060 Super for a car! I would put gaming on hiatus for that.😂