Audio cutting out on tv speaker (Sony system)

Abzilla

Hi,

My setup:

Tv, Sony KD65AG8BU

soundbar, HT-ZF9

additional speakers, SA-Z9R

I have the tv to the soundbar with a HDMI and optical cable with the additional speakers connected wirelessly.

The Audi cuts out frequently like it’s changing to the built in speakers for very short periods of time then return back to the soundbar.

Also, another issue is that the speaker used to automatically turn on when you’d turn the Tv on however I need to turn them on separately, are there any settings that I need to change to fix that too?

Thanks 

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a similar issue with the HDMI Arc sound dropping out or a second frequently.

Ended up being a crap HDMI cable, maybe try swapping out.

Not sure if the cable change my fix the other issue though,

On 1/17/2021 at 2:24 PM, BehemothXXL said:

I was having a similar issue with the HDMI Arc sound dropping out or a second frequently.

Ended up being a crap HDMI cable, maybe try swapping out.

Not sure if the cable change my fix the other issue though,

I'd seriously doubt it seeing as i'm using a £90 hdmi cable (bought at really good discount of £40)

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

31 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

I'd seriously doubt it seeing as i'm using a £90 hdmi cable (bought at really good discount of £40)

I'm afraid paying £40 for an HDMI cable still makes you an absolute sucker. If this is a 4k 60hz display, you won't notice the difference between this and a £4 cable

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I'm afraid paying £40 for an HDMI cable still makes you an absolute sucker. If this is a 4k 60hz display, you won't notice the difference between this and a £4 cable

to be honest with you, i dont care.

3 hours ago, Abzilla said:

to be honest with you, i dont care.

check the cable for possible damage. doesnt matter if its a 80 dollar cable or not. if everything was working fine and out of the blue it doesnt work as it was. its either cable related or your tv updated and you have to redo settings. 2 most likely culprits

my tv updated recently and it seems fine now 🙂

On 1/27/2021 at 11:17 AM, Abzilla said:

my tv updated recently and it seems fine now 🙂

Sweet.  No worries then.