narrdarr

Add interesting to reactions..?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Add interesting to reactions..?

• Yes
    • No
    • IDC
    • Maybe other

We have like, funny, informative and funny available for reactions regarding post posted on the forum. 

I think it would be cooler to have a reaction for "interesting" or"ponder/ponding". 

Thought?

I was also thinking of a surprised reaction.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

I would take "informative" to also mean "interesting" at certain times. Otherwise I'm not so sure how "ponder" fits in.

🤔

47 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

I was also thinking of a surprised reaction.

Interesting

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

To me, informative seems to serve that purpose pretty decently as it is. Maybe renaming informative to interesting would work there?

I thought the same, then I didn't, then I did. That's why I thought it would be interesting to bring this up.

Like not enough? Imo it covers all of these. Adding more reactions would make it look messy. Discord is prime example.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If one were to add more reactions, it should be something clearly distinct from the others. "Interesting" just isn't distinct enough from "Informative," IMO. As for my wholly personal opinion, the existing options already cover most of the ground pretty well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I think the current reactions are adequate. The only real thing wrong is that people use the "funny" reaction to mean both "made me laugh" and "hilariously bad", but that could only really be solved by adding a "dislike" reaction, which has been done to death and (rightly IMO) won't be done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

"Thinking 🤔"-react when??

In my mind, the current reactions are plenty as-is. "Like" or "Informative" fit the "interesting" feeling in my mind.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 hours ago, minibois said:

"Thinking 🤔"-react when??

In my mind, the current reactions are plenty as-is. "Like" or "Informative" fit the "interesting" feeling in my mind.

I agree, but I feel like (If IPS wasn't terrible to try to modify) a sad reaction would be the best addition.

Everything else is already covered, more or less, by the existing items.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

• 4 weeks later...

i would like an "ok" reaction for when people say

"i'll do xxx test and get back to you", so i can react "ok" with it, instead of leaving op hanging because replying "ok" in a post seems unnecessarily spammy

but i guess "like" reaction will do just fine, even tho it's not the intended purpose

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

52 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i would like an "ok" reaction for when people say

"i'll do xxx test and get back to you", so i can react "ok" with it, instead of leaving op hanging because replying "ok" in a post seems unnecessarily spammy

but i guess "like" reaction will do just fine, even tho it's not the intended purpose

Yeah, I usually use like to convey "ok" to posts like that. The issue is that people who are new to the forum may not know that was the purpose behind the reaction.

Might be better to make a new thread about it though if you're serious about wanting an "ok" reaction.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x