Is there an Android emulator that isn't borderline malware?

MS-DOS

See the comments here:

Bluestacks should be classified as malware. When I used it a couple of years ago it was literally impossible to uninstall. I had to use 3rd party software to get everything off. It's handy, but not worth the trouble.

Nox contains a crypto miner as far as I know, and even if they removed it by now I don't trust anything they make anymore

So what the hell can I use? I just want to be able to install social media apps stuff on the Emulator so I can use a fake google voice phone number for that stuff instead of giving away my real phone number. And I just generally don't like starting at my phone for too long but I need to use certain apps to interact with clients.

If you want a fake phone number just use Textnow. If you really want an Android emulator, use Android x86 in a VM.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Personally, I use NOX. Does the job, replace the default Launcher with Nova launcher and it works great.

You can always use Android x86 in a virtual machine if you can't trust an emulator.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I use Bluestacks myself. It also seems to be the most popular one used by mobile game youtubers that I follow. I can't say I noticed any unusual behaviour on my system since adding it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

The crypto miner problem didn't happen just on nox emulator and it had nothing to do with the program itself. I've tried a lot of android emulator and Nox downloaded from the official website is fine and actually uses the less resources. But you need to get rid off the nox launcher and use nova instead.

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you want a fake phone number just use Textnow. If you really want an Android emulator, use Android x86 in a VM.

Im from europe. I think google voice gives you a free phone per gmail account ifor free isnt it? The android x86 website gets blocked by Emisoft:

Website blocked!

Host: www.android-x86.org

This website has been blocked because it may be dangerous. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue.

Reason: Suspected Malware

I'm sure this may not be what you want to hear but, I use a Chromebook. I have it on my desk and use it for android apps and I use it for twitch chat

I use bluestacks and have never noticed it trying to use a camera and I've uninstalled it multiple times. 

If it was a widespread issue, it would not be used as much as it is by soooo many people. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I did try Bluestacks briefly and it uninstalled just as any other app. I also didn't see any malicious-looking behaviour, either. This sounds to me like a case of people without enough knowledge making assumptions and/or people who have messed their PCs up and then proceeding to blame unrelated parties for any problems.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'm using NetEase's MuMu and haven't had any problems with it.

Running a VM is the only way to be sure, but I've never gotten that to run even remotely on usable level no matter what machine I throw at it.

8 hours ago, Chionele said:

I'm using NetEase's MuMu and haven't had any problems with it.

Running a VM is the only way to be sure, but I've never gotten that to run even remotely on usable level no matter what machine I throw at it.

I have a 3950X so I assume it will run fine but the website is blocked. I assume its a false positive. Will try later and see if it's usable.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

I have a 3950X so I assume it will run fine but the website is blocked. I assume its a false positive. Will try later and see if it's usable.

I have i5 10400 which is pretty much the same, and it doesn't. I've seen slideshows with better FPS.