MSI Carbon WIFI -> RGB disable without dragon center, and what to install ?

Hi,

So im about to purchase MSI Carbon wifi, and it seems like the motherboard has RGB/LED lights on. I was curious can you disable the lights from the motherboard itself seems like Tomahawk has a on/off switch for the lights. Or is there an option in BIOS to disable them.

I don't want to install the dragon center because of the bloatware, and issues it has. Im not using any RGB lights in my setup.

Secondly what utilities and drivers should I install, and should I install the latest BIOS with ryzen 3600.

I asume realtek LAN drivers and the Realtek audio software/nahimic 3 is something that I might need to install ?

9 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

Hi,

So im about to purchase MSI Carbon wifi, and it seems like the motherboard has RGB/LED lights on. I was curious can you disable the lights from the motherboard itself seems like Tomahawk has a on/off switch for the lights. Or is there an option in BIOS to disable them.

I don't want to install the dragon center because of the bloatware, and issues it has. Im not using any RGB lights in my setup.

Cannot confirm for MSI boards if they have an option to turn off RGB in BIOS, but in the case of ASUS they do have an option to do that, I would assume that it would be similar

https://www.msi.com/faq/motherboard-3532

Those two posts contradict themselves so I'm not sure what to believe

Secondly what utilities and drivers should I install, and should I install the latest BIOS with ryzen 3600.

Install AMD Chipset drivers first, and it should also give you the option to switch to AMD specific Power Plans, it is important to how the CPU functions in Windows, nothing else other than that I believe, and yes you should always update the BIOS

I asume realtek LAN drivers and the Realtek audio software/nahimic 3 is something that I might need to install ?

I know LAN will install by itself, but the default Audio drivers Windows installs may not give you full functionality so you'd have to install them from MSI's website on the page specific to your motherboard, but it isn't necessary for either as it should work out of the box

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

25 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

Cannot confirm for MSI boards if they have an option to turn off RGB in BIOS, but in the case of ASUS they do have an option to do that, I would assume that it would be similar

https://www.msi.com/faq/motherboard-3532

Those two posts contradict themselves so I'm not sure what to believe

Install AMD Chipset drivers first, and it should also give you the option to switch to AMD specific Power Plans, it is important to how the CPU functions in Windows, nothing else other than that I believe, and yes you should always update the BIOS

I know LAN will install by itself, but the default Audio drivers Windows installs may not give you full functionality so you'd have to install them from MSI's website on the page specific to your motherboard, but it isn't necessary for either as it should work out of the box

Thanks for your reply, I think there is a on/off switch in the motherboard. Looks like it in the pictures.