guys Microsoft is killing my dreams please help

Mohammad Saleh

guys i am so frustrated when microsoft is eating 54% of my ram and i have only 8gb of ram and cannot upgrade to 16gbs and i need to start doing blender and cryengine and it just lags because of lack of memory. Guys if anyone of you knows and safe and reliable method of decreasing idle ram usage tell me or if anyone of you has direct contact with microsoft then inform them of this please if your not helping your killing my dream of being a great computer enthusiast

Screenshot 2021-01-04 212412.png

linux OS uses less resources when idle. windows using about 4gb is normal. the only true solution is more ram if you want to stay with windows

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

7 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

only 8gb of ram and cannot upgrade to 16gbs and i need to start doing blender and cryengine

on 8 GB? Good luck.

Just now, Mohammad Saleh said:

i want a completely safe and reliable method or if you have direct contact the Microsoft then inform them that there are people like me

They won't listen to you, forget about even going that route. I work for the gov't and they don't listen, trust me on this.

You can move backward to an OS that takes up less resources, but if that's not an option, de-bloating Win10 is your only option. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Mohammad Saleh said:

i want a completely safe and reliable method or if you have direct contact the Microsoft then inform them that there are people like me

Then install an older version of Windows.....

Nobody at Microsoft cares that people like you exist.

How I know well I worked with Microsoft working for a company that was a Diamond partner. Also knowing one of the thousands of Micrsofot employees wont help you. 

The above solution is about as safe as it gets.

Worst case you reinstall Windows.

I have the same problem and do a diagnostic setup and then restart again with a normal restart and then its fixed for like 2 times.

guys actually this fustratiing for people like me who have a tight budget microsoft is killing the dreams of budget entusaists like me but if we all raise our voices like linus steve bruke all etc they will have to change

1 minute ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

guys actually this fustratiing for people like me who have a tight budget microsoft is killing the dreams of budget entusaists like me but if we all raise our voices like linus steve bruke all etc they will have to change

No, they won't.

If MS gave a damn about us, Win10Spyware edition wouldn't exist.

The abomination of Win8 wouldn't have existed.

WinME wouldn't have existed.

Upgrade or give up, MS doesn't care.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

No, they won't.

If MS gave a damn about us, Win10Spyware edition wouldn't exist.

The abomination of Win8 wouldn't have existed.

WinME wouldn't have existed.

Upgrade or give up, MS doesn't care.

yeah they will only care if we all switch to linux

9 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

00XGXjt.gif

Do you know what an insignificant miniscule fraction of Microsoft's users people who watch Linus and Steve Burke or have even heard of them are? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

yeah they will only care if we all switch to linux

I have, *nix is just as bloated (memory hungry) as Win10 is, with less spyware installed.

Why can't you upgrade RAM? It's dirt cheap right now

7 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

Whatever you are smoking it is not good for you.....

This is not how capitalism works. They only have to change if they are forced to by law. They have a pretty confident monopoly. Linux was supposed to be the next big thing for what 3 decades now? There is a reason why the internet is filled with mems.

You will have better luck using some public funding to either get access to a better PC enroll to study or something. Or get funding to buy one.

Microsoft like most Software vendors is set on the root of locked down client systems....

Like Apples walled garden, look at Microsoft autopilot to get a glimpse of the future. Or the new Windows X or what ever that runs everything in a container.

For your usecase go Linux or older Windows.

Regardless of OS used, I feel like trying to do Blender or Cryengine (or other computationally expensive programs) on 8 GB of RAM is optimistic.

If you are physically unable to upgrade your RAM then one of the solutions above about reducing the amount of OS bloat is going to be your only option. Or trying a different/older version of Windows.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have, *nix is just as bloated (memory hungry) as Win10 is, with less spyware installed.

Why can't you upgrade RAM? It's dirt cheap right now

in my region laptop ram prices are high now and my father would not allow me to do so

Something is wrong with your configuration anyway, my windows uses like 2gb RAM... 

click on "memory" in taskmanager so it sorts by app / usage, the Screenshot you posted is useless to see what's actually using up your memory (no offense) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Something is wrong with your configuration anyway, my windows uses like 2gb RAM... 

click on "memory" in taskmanager so it sorts by app / usage, the Screenshot you posted is useless to see what's actually using up your memory (no offense) 

you might be using windows 10 version 1809 i am using windows 10 20h2 just check

On 1/4/2021 at 9:47 PM, Middcore said:

00XGXjt.gif

Do you know what an insignificant miniscule fraction of Microsoft's users people who watch Linus and Steve Burke or have even heard of them are? 

yeah but the entire tech comunity is 100 million+ people could microsoft afford to loss that many customers and by the way i wonder how people with 4gbs of ram in their system even live with this microsoft created problem

13 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

using windows 10 20h2 just check

Thats a "only over my dead body, chief" chief. ;)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, Mohammad Saleh said:

Budget enthusiasts are not and I repeat not going to have just 8GB of RAM in their systems. Period

Linus and Steve won't have an impact on Microsoft's business practices. Last I checked, Microsoft is a business and businesses need to sell a product to make money. Microsoft is not going to change who they are when there are billions of Windows users that have a likelihood of not even having 8GB of RAM anymore on Windows 10 systems. Your system appears to either have a crap ton of bloatware that is bogging down overall Windows performance or have viruses/malware running and eating up resources. I've had 8GB of RAM on Windows 10 and it never takes up this much. 

Also, Windows 10 System Requirements states 2GB of RAM or more for the minimum specs. Is that not enough? You already have 4x the amount. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Budget enthusiasts are not and I repeat not going to have just 8GB of RAM in their systems. Period

Linus and Steve won't have an impact on Microsoft's business practices. Last I checked, Microsoft is a business and businesses need to sell a product to make money. Microsoft is not going to change who they are when there are billions of Windows users that have a likelihood of not even having 8GB of RAM anymore on Windows 10 systems. Your system appears to either have a crap ton of bloatware that is bogging down overall Windows performance or have viruses/malware running and eating up resources. I've had 8GB of RAM on Windows 10 and it never takes up this much. 

Also, Windows 10 System Requirements states 2GB of RAM or more for the minimum specs. Is that not enough? You already have 4x the amount. 

i have deleted all bloatware but still it is showing this mush ram usage and also i have a laptop not desktop

3 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

i have deleted all bloatware but still it is showing this mush ram usage and also i have a laptop not desktop

What does Resource Manager say under the "Memory" tab? Pick from the most in RAM usage. I am unsure what one to pick as I am not on my desktop right now due to PSU RMA, so I'm dead in the water. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

What does Resource Manager say under the "Memory" tab? Pick from the most in RAM usage. I am unsure what one to pick as I am not on my desktop right now due to PSU RMA, so I'm dead in the water. 

52% ram in use