Odyssey G7 went blurry on me and I don't know what to do I feel like I've tried everything

HabaneroCheeto
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

I would check the monitor settings, it's probably doing some sort of scaling after you tried to run rocket league at full screen

A few days ago I opened rocket league for the first time in a while when it was loading up my screen went black and came back on to the game completely blurry. I figured it was just the game and I was like okay guess I cant play rocket league but when I exited out my desktop was blurry. Its almost like there's double of everything. I checked the resolution and it was normal it said 1440p. So that wasn't it I tried restarting, shutting down completely and updating windows. Also when the computer is loading up it seems to be blurry too, but its not the monitor its self because the monitors m menu is completely clear. I tried Microsoft support and they had me reinstall the graphics drivers that did nothing and then they had me do something with windows I'm not sure what it was but when I asked him what should I do if it doesn't work he replies with its a 100% fix, it wasn't. I really don't know what to do at this point please help. Also my second monitor is completly clear its a 1080p and looks fine.

Specs:

GPU: RTX 3080 and 1660 super

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM: 32 GB

Memory: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 8TB

Check your cables to your monitor (Give em a wiggle) Make sure your GPU is installed correctly.

Why ARE you using 2 gpus?

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

Check your cables to your monitor (Give em a wiggle) Make sure your GPU is installed correctly.

Why ARE you using 2 gpus?

Ya going to take the 1660 out soon probably today. Also not the cable checked with multiple different wires

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I would check the monitor settings, it's probably doing some sort of scaling after you tried to run rocket league at full screen

Ok so u may have been right because i went into the monitor settings and turned pnb mode on and then off and it seemed to have fixed the problem

1 minute ago, HabaneroCheeto said:

Ok so u may have been right because i went into the monitor settings and turned pnb mode on and then off and it seemed to have fixed the problem

Glad it's resolved

Do check if rocket league is running at 1440p, it might've been set otherwise, thus why it triggered that

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Glad it's resolved

Do check if rocket league is running at 1440p, it might've been set otherwise, thus why it triggered that

Ok i will and thank you sorry forgot to thank you

3 minutes ago, HabaneroCheeto said:

Ok i will and thank you sorry forgot to thank you

You're welcome, happy gaming

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, HabaneroCheeto said:

whats the pnb settings im having the same issue and dont see that in the settings