Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overclocking an AMD FX-6100 cpu on gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard!

Hey guys, im wondering, whats the best overclock i can get on fx 6100 on gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard? the cooler that i have is pretty good, on idle temps its like 18-19 degrees, on 100% usage all cores its like 43-44 degrees (celsius). Whats the best and most stable overclock that i can get on this cpu and motherboard where i can see the difference and do yall recommend overclocking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I would not try overclocking on that motherboard. It has pretty weak VRM with no cooling at all. I mean you can try raising your clocks on the stock voltage but thats about it.

CPU: AMD R5 3600x | GPU: GigaByte R9 280X 3x WindForce | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz | Cooling: SilentiumPC XE-1236 | MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD15EARS | Case: Worst case possible

 

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mixzzz said:

Honestly, I would not try overclocking on that motherboard. It has pretty weak VRM with no cooling at all. I mean you can try raising your clocks on the stock voltage but thats about it.

Yeah, whats the best u can recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Yeah, whats the best u can recommend?

Honestly I don't know, I would probably start raising the cpu clock slowly, then stress test it for a short while and if its stable, then increase the clock.

CPU: AMD R5 3600x | GPU: GigaByte R9 280X 3x WindForce | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz | Cooling: SilentiumPC XE-1236 | MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD15EARS | Case: Worst case possible

 

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Yeah, whats the best u can recommend?

No one can tell you the best OC for your CPU, You could take 20 of the same CPU's and they'll likely all overclock differently to each other. Just do as @Mixzzz said, keep the voltages stock and raise the core clock slowly, running a stress test after each increase, until it becomes unstable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

No one can tell you the best OC for your CPU, You could take 20 of the same CPU's and they'll likely all overclock differently to each other. Just do as @Mixzzz said, keep the voltages stock and raise the core clock slowly, running a stress test after each increase, until it becomes unstable. 

Is cpuz stress good for that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mixzzz said:

Honestly I don't know, I would probably start raising the cpu clock slowly, then stress test it for a short while and if its stable, then increase the clock.

Whats the best way to check if the oc is stable? For now im on 3.7ghz cuz 3.8 crashed

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Whats the best way to check if the oc is stable? For now im on 3.7ghz cuz 3.8 crashed

personally I use OCCT

CPU: AMD R5 3600x | GPU: GigaByte R9 280X 3x WindForce | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz | Cooling: SilentiumPC XE-1236 | MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD15EARS | Case: Worst case possible

 

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×