New keyboard and mouse ideas?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new keyboard and mouse soon. Currently I use a Steelseries Rival 100 mouse and a Corsair K70 keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. My reasons for wanting new ones are:

- I would like to get rid of as many cables as I possibly can

- I would like to have peripherals that I can easily switch between my desktop (personal, Windows) and laptop (work, Linux).

- I would like to get a quieter keyboard since this one is pretty noisy and it bother my girlfriend and also me now that I wear open headphones.

I use it for work, gaming and a dabble a bit in the 3D stuff with Blender, Unity and Substance Painter.

In terms of gaming I mostly play RPG type games and various games with friends. I do play CS:GO, but I have no plans of going pro and I'm not that good anyway.

I really need a numpad for the 3D stuff, so TKL is out of the question.

What I'm currently planning to get is a Razer Pro Click because it's ergonomic, has Bluetooth and a receiver so I can easily switch between the PC and the laptop and is better suited for gaming than the MX Master 2s/3 from what I understand.

For a keyboard I was planning to get a Logitech MX keys mostly because it gets very good reviews, is quiet and has Bluetooth and a receiver so I can easily switch between the PC and the laptop.

I am mostly looking for confirmation/reasons not to buy/better suggestions before I buy and/or ask my girlfriend something for my birthday next month :).

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I have a "Corsair K63 Wireless" and a "Logitech G Pro Wireless" combo. The keyboard can easily be switched between 2.4GHz wireless and bluetooth for quickly changing devices. It also has quiet linear switches that shouldn't annoy anyone and i like it a lot. The mouse is basically the gold standard wireless mouse on the market. Also both last me about a week in between charges. But as you need a numpad, the MX keys sounds like the better option for you.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I have a "Corsair K63 Wireless" and a "Logitech G Pro Wireless" combo. Both can easily be switched between 2.4GHz wireless and bluetooth for quickly changing devices. The keyboard has quiet linear switches that shouldn't annoy anyone and i like it a lot. The mouse is basically the gold standard wireless mouse on the market. Also both last me about a week in between charges.

The K63 is a TKL unfortunately. I though the Logitecht G Pro Wireless only worked with the dongle? How do you set it to Bluetooth?

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

4 minutes ago, martward said:

The K63 is a TKL unfortunately.

Edited my post.

4 minutes ago, martward said:

I though the Logitecht G Pro Wireless only worked with the dongle? How do you set it to Bluetooth?

Oops sorry, error on my part. i thought it had bluetooth, but i was thinking about the "Corsair Dark Core SE" i had before. (Don't buy that, it's bad, altough it has bluetooth.) The G Pro doesn't have BT.

Basically ignore everything i suggested :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Edited my post.

Oops sorry, error on my part. i thought it had bluetooth, but i was thinking about the "Corsair Dark Core SE" i had before. (Don't buy that, it's bad, altough it has bluetooth.) The G Pro doesn't have BT.

Basically ignore everything i suggested :D

I was, and am still a bit, considering the G Pro. However the fact that I can use the Click Pro with wireless (low latency) on my PC and then without changing dongles use it via Bluetooth on my laptop is really attractive to me. Considering I never made it past Gold Nova 2 on CS:GO I doubt I will very much notice the little bit of mouse acceleration it has and apparently (according to RTING) it's pretty good for FPS in every other regard.

My System:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, martward said:

I was, and am still a bit, considering the G Pro. However the fact that I can use the Click Pro with wireless (low latency) on my PC and then without changing dongles use it via Bluetooth on my laptop is really attractive to me. Considering I never made it past Gold Nova 2 on CS:GO I doubt I will very much notice the little bit of mouse acceleration it has and apparently (according to RTING) it's pretty good for FPS in every other regard.

ANY acceleration will be too much if you don't want to handicap yourself in games.

If you're remotely considering the G Pro, i will say it is easily and by far the best mouse i've ever used. You should definetly think about it. You also have a handy compartment in the bottom of the mouse to store the dongle if you take it with you, so you basically can't lose it.

Also consider the Logitech G915. It's a keyboard i'm considering myself. Basically has everything you want, is available with 3 different switches (linear, tactile, clicky), good battery life and has a great low-profile design but is expensive at $200.

24 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Also consider the Logitech G915. It's a keyboard i'm considering myself. Basically has everything you want, is available with 3 different switches (linear, tactile, clicky), good battery life and has a great low-profile design but is expensive at $200.

Than one costs 280 euro over here, it's a nice keyboard though . There is a cheaper one, the g613, but it gets pretty bad reviews with a lot of people mentioning double registered keystroke after a while. 

My System:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, martward said:

Than one costs 280 euro over here

Ouch, that's too much. I can buy it in germany for about 200€.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Ouch, that's too much. I can buy it in germany for about 200€.

Found it for 220. However, I'm probably going to ask it as a birthday present and that's quite a bit more than I'm willing to ask. Also I'm a bit weary of keyboards with high keys and space beneath, because my current one has that and it gets quite dirty and hard to clean quite fast, unless you take all the keycaps off.

My System:

Spoiler

@Stahlmann I ordered the MX keys to try them and I must say I'm impressed so far. The scissor switches offer a pretty nice typing experience and I'm not slower than I was with the mechanical switches. They seem to me like a better version of the (already very well executed) keyboard of the Lenovo Thinkpad I have. Plus they are way more silent which my girlfriend really appreciates and better complement my open-back headphones.

My System:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, martward said:

@Stahlmann I ordered the MX keys to try them and I must say I'm impressed so far. The scissor switches offer a pretty nice typing experience and I'm not slower than I was with the mechanical switches. They seem to me like a better version of the (already very well executed) keyboard of the Lenovo Thinkpad I have. Plus they are way more silent which my girlfriend really appreciates and better complement my open-back headphones.

Thanks for the info! Glad they work out for you (and your GF) ;)

I convinced myself to get the G915 as a late christmas present for myself and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll see if it's a nice upgrade for me.