Fps decreased in games after changing monitor from 1680x1050 60hz to 1920x1080 144hz

KRuvikas

Is that normal that 15-30 fps dropped after changing monitor?

Of course fps went down, you're running at a higher resolution. More pixels to push. 

Did you think the monitor having a higher refresh rate magically made frame rate higher?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Your graphics card has to render more since you went to a higher resolution...it will always be like that. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Of course fps went down, you're running at a higher resolution. More pixels to push. 

Did you think the monitor having a higher refresh rate magically made frame rate higher?

no but when i drop the resolution back to 1680x1050 it wont make fps higher,fps stays like in 1920x1080

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

it's not the same refresh rate

plug in your old monitor again and see what happens, if you still have low FPS then it's most likely a drivers problem

i dont have my old monitor anymore i selled it 

what kind of cursed resolution is that?

You still have to use all the pixels on the screen, if using a higher res monitor or TV.

7 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

You still have to use all the pixels on the screen, if using a higher res monitor or TV.

1680 x 1050 = 1,764,000 "work"

1920 x 1080 = 2, 073,600 "work"

It is doing 15% more work now.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

19 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

It was a moderately popular monitor resolution in roughly the late 2000's era, same era as 16:10 1920x1200 was a thing, before 16:9 1920x1080 "full HD" became the standard. I am guessing OP's old monitor was quite old indeed. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Very common resolution for 16:10 monitors years ago back before full hd was the next big standard and people were transitioning with those and 1600*900 monitors.

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv